PDA

View Full Version : Fairmount crankbait bass

fishmounter
10-26-2012, 02:27 PM
I don't usually throw crankbaits, but I saw a kid catch a very nice bass of about 8 lbs. last week on one, so when I recently went out to BPS, I got a Bluegill colored 1/4 oz. "Speed Trap" to try out. On my first cast this morning at my favorite place, I hooked and landed a nice one of 21 inches! (Sorry no pics, camera was in the truck across the lake.) I got one other strike, I think, but it might have been a branch. Water is really cooling down. I'm surprised that I caught any fish at all! I think the lure must have ran right across the basses' nose, and he enhaled it.

smokehound
10-26-2012, 07:17 PM
I don't usually throw crankbaits, but I saw a kid catch a very nice bass of about 8 lbs. last week on one, so when I recently went out to BPS, I got a Bluegill colored 1/4 oz. "Speed Trap" to try out. On my first cast this morning at my favorite place, I hooked and landed a nice one of 21 inches! (Sorry no pics, camera was in the truck across the lake.) I got one other strike, I think, but it might have been a branch. Water is really cooling down. I'm surprised that I caught any fish at all! I think the lure must have ran right across the basses' nose, and he enhaled it.The fall bite is still in full swing.. around my neck of the woods, the bass are still jumping out of the water for dragonflies..

A buzzbait or spinnerbait would kill right now