PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear BassTracker elevation question....

LunkerLover
10-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Hey y'all.

I have a2006 ProTeam 175 with a 40hp Merc. I've been told by several mechanics that I need a prop with a different pitch to put in when I'm at 7,000 ft. for performance. I don't know where to start as far as the type of prop. Any help from folks who tow their newer model Merc outboards up the hill from sea level lakes.
Gracias.

JAG107
10-26-2012, 09:55 PM
I have a 90hp 4 stroke merc 2010 and it runs beautifully up there. I get 32-33mph top speed on BBL (with chop), compared to 40 flat on DVL on glass with no wind. I don't think a modified pitch is absolutely necessary, but then again I'm kind of a novice with props. I dont do a lot of speeding around, I mostly troll, but when I need to get on it, theres no problem at BBL, June, Crowley, or any other lake at 7k plus feet.

LunkerLover
10-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Thanks, Jag.....
=)
Anyone else have 2 cents????
I've been told the new prop suggestion by many...

DoubleTrouble
11-04-2012, 12:48 AM
This is an easy one to answer. Whatever pitch prop you have now, simply drop 1 pitch and you will be fine. For example, if you currently have a 15 pitch prop on the engine now, drop down to a 13 pitch prop. By dropping down a pitch in prop, this will enable you to gain more RPM's which will give you the performance you are looking for.