PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake Trout Opener

Mr T-rex
10-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Me and a couple of buddies are going to tube the trout opener this saturday but i noticed that its going to be 90 degrees at corona!! Is it even worth going when its going to be that hot ? are the trout going to be active ?

Any information would be nice

Viejo
10-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Here's my crystal ball prediction....it will be the best opener in years!

Wear sunscreen and a hat. Have a cooler with adult beverages on shore. Is it worth it to be fishing for trout and being out on the water instead of stuck on the freeway or in an office? You'll have to be the judge of that.

Surfnsnowboard3
10-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Me and a couple of buddies are going to tube the trout opener this saturday but i noticed that its going to be 90 degrees at corona!! Is it even worth going when its going to be that hot ? are the trout going to be active ?

Any information would be nice

I do agree that it is WAY better to fish (not necessarily catch) then do just about anything else. However, simple scientific studies of trout and their behavior tell me the following....the warmer the water, the less oxygen, the more lethergic and way less likely to bite, move, or do anything the trout will be. Especially since the lake is shallow, the water will heat up fast. Best bet would be deep by the dam when the sun is overhead/water is hot. Early, you may have a chance shallow. When I went last week water was 66 in the south end at 0600 and quickly heated up by 0800 to 70. I expect the same this weekend.

Either way, to the people that are going, good luck and have fun. I will be there mid-week on my tube when it isn't a zoo!

Mr T-rex
10-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Here's my crystal ball prediction....it will be the best opener in years!

Wear sunscreen and a hat. Have a cooler with adult beverages on shore. Is it worth it to be fishing for trout and being out on the water instead of stuck on the freeway or in an office? You'll have to be the judge of that.

I completely agree with you Viejo. I seen the stocking video and i do not want to miss out on those beautys
I will be there on saturday

Mr T-rex
10-25-2012, 05:17 PM
I do agree that it is WAY better to fish (not necessarily catch) then do just about anything else. However, simple scientific studies of trout and their behavior tell me the following....the warmer the water, the less oxygen, the more lethergic and way less likely to bite, move, or do anything the trout will be. Especially since the lake is shallow, the water will heat up fast. Best bet would be deep by the dam when the sun is overhead/water is hot. Early, you may have a chance shallow. When I went last week water was 66 in the south end at 0600 and quickly heated up by 0800 to 70. I expect the same this weekend.

Either way, to the people that are going, good luck and have fun. I will be there mid-week on my tube when it isn't a zoo!

Thanks boss i hope to land some trout this weekend.. Pretty excited for this season