PDA

View Full Version : BBL 10-20 & 10-21 - No Pix - No Fish

etaggart
10-24-2012, 06:19 AM
Fished the Pine Knot jetty in the tube Saturday morning. Lots of shore fishers getting in my way ;) but some were actually catching trout in that area off night crawlers and PB. Also saw a couple small bass caught. Since I wasn't able to work the rocks, I tried other tactics, but only picked up a few crappie and two young LMBs. Quit relatively early since it wasn't very productive for me.

Sunday morning I wanted to check out the observatory - what a mistake. Strong breeze early and the wind picked up quickly. More weeds on the shoreline than I've ever seen in years in that area. I had to kick/climb over maybe 50 yards of matted weeds until I got into clear water. Weeds by the observatory were still thick and no luck with the bass. Switched to hunting trout on the fly, but no luck there either - only had a couple taps. Stopped early again as I wasn't looking forward to continuing a fight against the wind and I couldn't find an area to anchor-down that was very interesting.

Oh well!! Still a beautiful weekend and I think trollers and protected shore fishers with bait-and-wait were the most productive.

Cheers,

Eric

Poxy Boggards
10-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Sorry about the Skunk, but atleast you got out on the water. Wind picked up big time in the afternoon on Saturday. I would not have wanted to be in a tube trying to fight that wind. Good luck on your next trip!

JAG107
10-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Thanks for posting. The wind has had its brutal moments up there lately, and yeah the weeds still really suck. IMHO the only way to get at the trout right now is from a good stable boat. Wonder when its gonna be too cold to fish up there....

jmytuna
10-24-2012, 08:14 PM
Observatory tough this year. About a foot of clearance right at the jetty but still brutal. Actually got a trout on the senko today
http://www.bdoutdoors.com/gallery/files/4/2/3/7/img_0275.jpg

etaggart
10-25-2012, 06:12 AM
That's one hungry trout to go for a senko, Jo! Great job. Won't be up for a couple weeks, but plan to start working the trout harder in November

jmytuna
10-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Not back up till next month. Still some bass around but trout definitely picking up. Ice on my guides yesterday. Got another by bycatch on the crank.

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/gallery/files/4/2/3/7/img_0253.jpg