PDA

View Full Version : Tubing rod rules?

tacklejunkie
08-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Am I allowed to have 3 rods on my float tube all tied up and ready to go, even though I am only using one of them? Does this count as using a third rod, which will get me a ticket? I'm thinking about making a 3 rod holder, and was wondering in advance..

matt duarte
08-29-2007, 12:51 PM
ive took out 3 rods, i think as long as all 3 arnt in the water at the same time you should be good... but dont take my word for it, i know if you licence has only one rod allowed you can have 2 as long as the second one wasnt in the water at the same time.... so it should be the same right

BakoBassin
08-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Just as long as the lines aren't in the water, you're cool. Some guys carry a bunch on their kicks.

http://www.bass-n-tubes.com/albums/rigging/rigged1.sized.jpg

I carry 4 with me usually.

Ronira
08-29-2007, 01:32 PM
I'm think you can have as many as you want. I carry 4 all the time. I think the law pertains to how many you can actually fish with at one time. One of the DFG experts here will hopefully fill us in on this.

Z-TUNAKILLER
08-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Hey Now, yeah its lines in the water not on your person.

BakoBassin, thats a sweet homemade rod holder, i'll have to look into making myself one.

Ron, i'm sitting by my front door waiting for my toon to be delivered.

"DUDE I'M JONESEN !"

Z

FISH ON !

Ronira
08-29-2007, 01:54 PM
I know EXACTLY how you feel Z. I left work early two days in a row so I could be there when UPS drove up. It's hard on a guy. Hope it gets there as you read this Peace Ron

buddyweiser78
09-04-2007, 08:45 PM
I don't see any registration numbers on the tube there Bako might wanna check your regulation on anything with a motor attached. Looks like your breaking the law.
DIVISION 3.5. REGISTRATION AND TRANSFER OF VESSELS
CHAPTER 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS AND DEFINITIONS
9840. Definitions. As used in this division, unless the context clearly requires a
different meaning:
(a) ‘‘Vessel’’ includes every description of watercraft used or capable of being used
as a means of transportation on water, except the following:
1) A seaplane on the water.
(2) A watercraft specifically designed to operate on a permanently fixed course, the
movement of which is restricted to or guided on such permanently fixed course by
means of a mechanical device on a fixed track or arm to which the watercraft is
attached or by which the watercraft is controlled, or by means of a mechanical device
attached to the watercraft itself.
(3) A floating structure which is designed and built to be used as a stationary
waterborne residential dwelling, which (A) does not have and is not designed to have
a mode of power of its own, (B) is dependent for utilities upon a continuous utility
linkage to a source originating on shore, and (C) has a permanent, continuous hookup
to a shoreside sewage system.

tacklejunkie
09-04-2007, 08:49 PM
I don't believe that is his tube/toon.. (could be wrong though)

buddyweiser78
09-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Found what i was looking for

Before you can sail the California waterways in your new boat or vessel, you'll need to register it through the California Department of Motor Vehicles. DMV law requires that all sailboats more than eight feet long and powerboats of any length be registered unless they are already documented through the U.S. Coast Guard.If you bring a boat into California to be primarily used here, the DMV requires that you register that vessel before you put it in the water and within 120 days.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/boatsinfo/boatreg.htm

Watch out tubers/toons with any type of motor