PDA

View Full Version : Guasti with my Grandson

vortec_cruiser
10-22-2012, 10:53 PM
I picked up my grandson, Owen, from his kindergarten class after school today, and we headed to Guasti for some carp fishing. We fished the small lake, and were the only fishermen there. After we got our lines in the water, we relaxed while waiting for some fish action. An hour later, we were still without any fish, and only had one bite. I told Owen we would give it another ten minutes, and then we would head to Central Park for some fun on the outdoor toys. Within a couple minutes, Owen had a huge hit on his rod, and a couple minutes later pulled in this bad boy. For Owen, this was a monster, and he couldn't have been prouder.

When we got home, I printed an 8-1/2" x 11" version of him with his trophy fish, so he could share it tomorrow in school.
Yes, Owen, that is a great picture!

Next Monday Owen wants to go back for more fishing. In fact, he said he wants to go fishing every Monday, which will be great for both of us!!! :Big Grin:

We were both careful to safely release the fish back into the lake.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r229/luvtnt/1350942442104.jpg

Tubbytuba
10-22-2012, 11:10 PM
that must have been a blast guys:Fishing Catch:

Carptain_Bao
10-22-2012, 11:20 PM
Glad you introduced carp fishing to the youngsters! Keep it up, good job for both of you!

vortec_cruiser
10-23-2012, 12:04 PM
that must have been a blast guys:Fishing Catch:

It was fantastic being out with him, but it was even better since he caught a fish. :Big Grin:

vortec_cruiser
10-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Glad you introduced carp fishing to the youngsters! Keep it up, good job for both of you!

I've always enjoyed catching carp, and I figured it would be good for him to learn to appreciate the species too. Next week we go after trout, since Guasti gets planted on the 2nd. And like me and his Dad, he is a catch-and-release fisherman.

There's nothing like going fishing with your children and grandchildren, or any kids. :Big Grin: