PDA

View Full Version : big time fail at perris

matt duarte
10-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Well I really messed up big time today.. I went to perris tonight to toss some big baits till dark...brought my other pole with my diawa sol baitcaster .. I set it down on the rocks and proceeded to cast the 8" hudd... I wasn't looking the hudd hooked onto the pole I sat down and next thing I know my diawa sol is sinking in the water....I about crapped my pants I emptied my pockets and went in the water trying to find it... and well I didn't find it it was getting dark sooo I'm gonna go back in 2 days when they open back up and hope its still in the same spot and not messed up from being under water.... I'm guessing I'm SOL on my sol lol im sooooooooooooo bummed right now.... soo if anyone reels in a pole with a sol on it think of ur boy Matt d lol

carpanglerdude
10-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Watching a rod sink into oblivion is a horrible feeling. I hope you find it!

seal
10-23-2012, 08:22 AM
You guys aren't allowed to hike in to Perris on the off days?

matt duarte
10-23-2012, 09:39 AM
If so it would be one hell of a long hike lol

seal
10-23-2012, 09:45 AM
If so it would be one hell of a long hike lol

Haven't been there for years, use to waterski there a lot but not so much on the fishing. Thought maybe it would be similar to Silverwood in that you can hike in on off days. Do they allow it or is it just too damn far? Is it ever too far to hike in to fish though?

Coefficient13
10-23-2012, 09:57 AM
That's horrible. I'm sorry to hear that :(

Lat time I lost an nice Alabama rig, I got a heavy pole out of the car, put a one ounce sinker on and tied on a metal fish stringer with all the clips open... caught it within 3 casts.

matt duarte
10-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Ya I tried that with my big bait rod and big baits with no luck .... km gonna go back Thursday with some goggles and gonna try to see if j can see it...I'm hoping its not to messed upper from being under water for a few days...

a321eric
10-23-2012, 03:06 PM
You guys aren't allowed to hike in to Perris on the off days?

Im pretty sure you cant hike into Perris on their closed days like you can at Silverwood. I dont know why though.

Ultralight
10-24-2012, 12:09 AM
This is a bit OT. Apologies.

Do you mean that when Perris is closed on Tues and Wed, it is literally closed in such a way that no one is allowed to fish there even if they hike in?

Thanks
UL

Im pretty sure you cant hike into Perris on their closed days like you can at Silverwood. I dont know why though.

Sublime-Steve
10-24-2012, 06:18 AM
go get that sucker... ive caught some good rods @ perris.. lol

HawgStalker
10-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Thats a buzzkill..... Hope you get it back man!

good kentucky
10-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Dude I hope you find it, I know that feeling, I lost my Shimano cumara with Shimano core middle of perris during a choppy day....

fishfinder
10-24-2012, 08:15 PM
let me know if you find my daiwa i lost in there in 1989

HawgZWylde
10-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Welcome to the club, I've donated two baitcaster combo's to the DVL habitat...

DEVOREFLYER
10-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Go to Harbor Freight and buy a stong magnet that you can put on a rope. I have retreived several items that were dropped overboard with a magnet in the past. Their should be something metalic that the magnet will attach to on the rod or reel.

GhettoBasster
10-28-2012, 01:48 PM
It would help tremendously if you told us snaggers the exact location where you lost it :Big Grin: Seriously though, good luck. Hope you get it back!

fishntime
10-28-2012, 04:41 PM
I'm thinking it couldn't have gone that far out? I might be headed out there tomorrow, hit me up with a pm. Maybe I can try to look for it from a boat.

jpod
10-29-2012, 10:12 PM
damn thats ux bro and yea ur aloowed to hike in on the off days i doit all the time better if u have a bike

SILVER CARP SUPERSTAR
02-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Well I really messed up big time today.. I went to perris tonight to toss some big baits till dark...brought my other pole with my diawa sol baitcaster .. I set it down on the rocks and proceeded to cast the 8" hudd... I wasn't looking the hudd hooked onto the pole I sat down and next thing I know my diawa sol is sinking in the water....I about crapped my pants I emptied my pockets and went in the water trying to find it... and well I didn't find it it was getting dark sooo I'm gonna go back in 2 days when they open back up and hope its still in the same spot and not messed up from being under water.... I'm guessing I'm SOL on my sol lol im sooooooooooooo bummed right now.... soo if anyone reels in a pole with a sol on it think of ur boy Matt d lol

I found your rig this past weekend. I tried to pm but your box is full. Hit me up.

Cadillyak
02-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Nice. Knew it had to show up sooner or later.

vortec_cruiser
02-04-2013, 08:05 PM
I found your rig this past weekend. I tried to pm but your box is full. Hit me up.

Another happy ending. :Big Grin:

tree
02-05-2013, 06:16 AM
wowowow! the chances! awesome!

allIdoIsfish
02-05-2013, 08:50 AM

Youre awesome dude! you even made an account so you could contact him!

matt duarte
02-08-2013, 04:08 PM
no way!!!! u gotta be kidding me haha that's awesome!! does it still work? lol

matt duarte
02-08-2013, 04:38 PM
its crazy what are the chances someone on here would find it lol cause I never told anyone where I lost it at

SILVER CARP SUPERSTAR
02-09-2013, 08:12 PM
its crazy what are the chances someone on here would find it lol cause I never told anyone where I lost it at

The reel is in bad shape. You should send it to Daiwa. The Bass Pro rod is in good shape but I did not try hard to break the two piece down because they are stuck together.