PDA

View Full Version : Sold the Outcast Fat Cat & I'm Getting This...

Ghost
08-29-2007, 12:00 PM
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/streamexl2.jpg

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_91532_175005001_175000000_175005000_175-5-1

As much as I liked float tube fishing on a great float tube, the Fat Cat; I wanted something else that can do more. I hated that I could only cover "so" much water on the float tube & I hated trying to deal w/ the wind, especially heading back to the boat landing. Last thing I hated are the leg cramps, those are a b*tch!

So, I've had my eye on the Outcast Streamer XL. It's not as heavy as other pontoon boats & not as long. It's stable at 8' long & 4' wide. I can either paddle or use the fins for propulsion. And if need be, I can mount a trolling motor...how cool is that??? I feel that I can cover more water on a pontoon boat also.

Yes, I do own a kayak. I love fishing on the kayak, it's easy. I originally bought the kayak for river fishing & do use it for lakes. It's much easier to get around than on a float tube, I can cover alot of water! I don't care so much that I drift passed the area I want to fish. But it's a pain in the *** to re-manuever my postioin. I either have to back paddle to that area or move off to another area. Also I am getting the dreaded kayak butt. That my cheeks go numb after some time sitting in the kayak, I even have a gel filled saddle to go on the paddeed seat. That helps keep my cheeks from hurting too soon.

So to have the best of both worlds, the pontoon boat seems to be the answer. I'll keep the kayak, since me & the family want to do this together...you see we also bought a tandem kayak.

Can't wait to "dress" up the Streamer XL.....

tacklejunkie
08-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Nice, thats the one they have blown up down at bass pro. Not a bad price on it either. Almost bought one, but I have like 2 square feet of trunk space, if that..
Let me know how it works out!

I think you can bolt a seat riser on it and put a fishing platform for standing up! Micro bass pontoon like RonDawgs' ODC. dude was doing donuts around us in our tubes :lol:

Thats the one you should get Matt!

matt duarte
08-29-2007, 12:31 PM
whats the price tag on it? is the frame alum. or steel? its pretty much like the odc 816 8' long 4' wide....

tacklejunkie
08-29-2007, 12:41 PM
It's a steel frame..
but it has a mount for a trolling motor and a battery, unlike the ODC 816.
I think they had that one for $399 at BPS.

matt duarte
08-29-2007, 12:49 PM
huh not bad, but the alum frame is a + on the 816. i was just planning on taking off the mesh cargo area and welding a alum plate and making my own mount for the trolling motor, wouldnt be hard... creek company sells a motor mount kit but its like 80 bucks for a little square mount

BakoBassin
08-29-2007, 12:58 PM
I hated trying to deal w/ the wind
To tell ya the truth, the wind is worse when you're fishing in a kickboat. It pushes you around a lot more. But, you can cover a lot more water and get places quicker in the kickboat.

Z-TUNAKILLER
08-29-2007, 01:05 PM
HEY NOW Ghost, pm me before you order, i found a shop that has great deals on tubes and toons, my new toon is being delivered today, after all my resaerch i went with a aluminum frame, so i can hit the ocean.

Z

FISH ON !

Z-TUNAKILLER
08-29-2007, 01:06 PM
HEY NOW Ghost, pm me before you order, i found a shop that has great deals on tubes and toons, my new toon is being delivered today, after all my research i went with a aluminum frame, so i can hit the ocean.

Z

FISH ON !

Z-TUNAKILLER
08-29-2007, 01:26 PM
hey matt, you get my pm reply ?

Z

FISH ON !

Ronira
08-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Hey Z, that's a handsome boat right there Dawg. Matt, that frame is powdercoated so can you have that done after you weld on it? I've got a couple of ideas for my boat as well. It's allready pretty cool but a slight modification would be bad to the bone.

Fisher-of-Men
08-29-2007, 01:43 PM
I think your little skeleton guy on your avator goes better with the red pontoon bones.

Lol!

Fisher-of-Men

Z-TUNAKILLER
08-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Yeah Ron, its OK looking :thumb:

"DUDE I'M JONESEN !"

Z

FISH ON ! :thumb: