PDA

View Full Version : Nacimiento 10/21

snospdr
10-21-2012, 09:54 PM
Did a little trolling and casting at Naci this afternoon and located fish at the entrance to Snake Creek. Some birds were circling and we managed 15 spotted bass and one small white bass, mostly between 5 and 6 p.m. when we headed in. The bite was still on and fish were marked from 10 ft. down to 40. Trolling Kastmaster type lures on 6 lb. test, then casting around the area when we got a troll fish, or jigging when a bunch were marked under the boat seemed best. The bite was slow until about 5 when things turned on.
My wife just said, "Are you telling them that your wife caught 12 of the 16"?

Ifishtoolittle
10-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Ooooo... your lady has got some sass! Sounds like it was a fun trip. Thanks for the report.

snospdr
10-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Yup, sass is the word! She's got a good sense of how far back to put her lure, never puts the rod in the rod holder, and has a lot of confidence. Meanwhile, I'm driving the boat with my rod in the rod holder watching her pull them in! Great fun!

Ifishtoolittle
10-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Yup, sass is the word! She's got a good sense of how far back to put her lure, never puts the rod in the rod holder, and has a lot of confidence. Meanwhile, I'm driving the boat with my rod in the rod holder watching her pull them in! Great fun!

You got a great fishing partner there just don't let her school you every time!

plumbertom
10-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Been a couple of months since I went to Naci.
I just love fishing those whites on top.
Just wish they were safer to eat, I'd go there more often.