PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Wingnut, SWAT and all The Sponsors

radray
10-21-2012, 02:11 PM
I just want to say thank you to Arthur, all SWAT members, the sponsors and all the volunteers who helped setup the Hunting For Giants 4 event. I am sure Fisherman57 is happy and proud of you guys.

As for me this is the first time I attended a SWAT event and from my experience, I know I will make an attempt to attend more. I first heard about it from my brother Erick (Edge511) who attended it last year with a cousin. He told me about it when I was in the Philippines on a trip. He showed me pics and told me how he had so much fun fishing and meeting the other members in the forum. He told me how excited he was to attend the next Hunting for Giants event. He got me so excited that I told him that I will attend the next event. I even made plans with my friend Jason (Ulua1) about it so we don't make plans to fish at another place. So in short, yesterday was my first SWAT event and all I can say is WOW! Despite the not so spectacular fishing conditions, I had a blast fishing with the other members in the forum and finally meeting them in person. It is so nice to finally put a face on the screen names. There were so many people that it was unfortunate I did not get a chance to meet them all and converse with them.

As for the event, there were food, tons of prizes and a lot of volunteers to help make it a success. I had so much fun that I can't wait to attend the next event. This is how an event should be. Sharing our love of the sport with family and friends and introducing new people to the sport in a fun and friendly manner. I know it is not easy to put on an event like this together therefore my big thanks go out to all who helped to make this happen.

My brother Erick, brought his kids and they had so much fun. It was their first time fishing and my friend Jason (Ulua1) in the spirit of fishing stopped his pursuit of trying to get more derby points to help them get on their first fish which he did. Now we have two new aspiring anglers in the family. The faces of the children having fun and seeing the adults being like kids, THAT IS PRICELESS! SO THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

If you guys need any help in the future and if I could be of some help let me know. This is how I envision fishing. It's not all about catching fish and getting the best and latest gear, but enjoying time with family and friends doing something we enjoy. I feel this is worthy of anyone's time and definitely some of my time.

I look forward to attending the next event and seeing everyone again.

Raymond

Which Way Out
10-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Raymond it was great to meet you late yesterday. Your whole group had smiles and I bet will be telling stories for weeks to come.
Glad you made it out and sure hope to see you again next year.

WWO

SP Dan
10-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Hi ya radray,

It was great to see you Raymond and your family at this year's HG-4 / Dana Rea Memorial Event.
This event could not have been successful without the participation from the wonderful FNN family members like yourself.
It really touches my heart when our positive efforts have touch other hearts in such a lasting way!
I hope to see you, your lil' future anglers and all of your family members at the up and coming HG-5!

Thanx you for helping to make this year's event "one to remember"..."Fun, Fishing, Family and Friends" a memorable time! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

murrieta angler
10-22-2012, 08:56 AM
That's exactly what it's all about!!! :Big Grin:
I have the most fun watching the kids and seeing their faces light up when they bring one to the beach.
Thanks to you and yours for showing up.
Robert
<><

bachiboy
10-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Well said Raymond! X2 on that. Watching everyone having a great time, especially the kids, was priceless. Yours is a face that I do remember from the event. Sorry we didn't get a chance to chat more, but thanks for coming out and helping make this such a success.

Don

PONTOON
10-22-2012, 06:50 PM
My brother Erick, brought his kids and they had so much fun. It was their first time fishing and my friend Jason (Ulua1) in the spirit of fishing stopped his pursuit of trying to get more derby points to help them get on their first fish which he did. Now we have two new aspiring anglers in the family. The faces of the children having fun and seeing the adults being like kids, THAT IS PRICELESS! SO THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Raymond

radray,

Just by reading this one comment I can see that you understand what "Family, friends, Fun and Fishing" is all about!:Cool: It is definitley fun to see everyone sharing the day and having a good time.

Thank you for being a part of the success!:Thumbs Up:

blackwater
10-23-2012, 05:06 PM
I bet you will be back for HG5. :Wink:
Yeah, this event blows people away, good times. :Big Grin:

Badbeat
10-25-2012, 10:40 AM
What a great event, you are right, Dana would have been proud. :Big Grin:

Wingnut
10-26-2012, 05:44 PM
I'm glad that Erick talked you into coming out to join us this year.
I bet he won't have to try so hard next year. :Wink:
Glad that you guys enjoyed yourselves, that's what it's all about! :Big Grin:

flyngby
11-01-2012, 09:53 PM
RR,

You definetly get why we put this on as it about you all!

Steve

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz200/pepper2010_bucket/fireman1.gif