PDA

View Full Version : HG4 What a blast!

5150fishn
10-21-2012, 11:00 AM
First off I would like to thank Arthur and the rest of SWAT for putting together such a great event!:Applause: Also big thank you to all of the sponsers and everyone else that helped put together this great day. I picked up Rooster at O dark 30 and we were off. It was a 75 mile drive each way but worth every mile of it. We arrived and it was still dark but the setup was well on the way. It was very organized and well executed. Check in was flawless and then it was time to fish! We ventured down the beach a ways to a spot that looked fishy and started our quest. I started throwing the LC and Rooster started with the camo sand worms. I was dealing with salad every cast but shortly Rooster had his first fatty perch. I didn't want to give up on the LC and after 1 1/2 hours I finally got a nice perch on it. But by now Rooster had about 7 to his name so I switched up to the perch crack also. Trolly and TO were fishing next to us and the laughs were non stop. It seemed for a while every cast was a perch and Rooster and I quickly were way over the 10 perch each that we could score but were having so much fun we kept catching and releasing them. Rooster was knocked down twice by waves and filled the waders! LMAO But all was good. The fishing rumers started to spread that our area was hot so since we had our quota we moved and let some others have our spot in hopes that they could get theres. This event was spectacular! Everyone left with some great raffle prizes but it was not about that or catching fish! It was about family, friends, fun and fishing. Even if we had been skunked it all would have been worth it! Thank you again to all involved it this great day and looking forward to next year. Saw many familiar faces and met lots of new ones. What a great day!!!
All of the SWAT members were around giving a hand to those that wanted it and encouraging everyone else. A class act!

SP Dan
10-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Hi ya 5150fishn,

It was great to see you 5150fishn at this year's HG-4 / Dana Rea Memorial Event.
This event could not have been successful without the participation from the wonderful FNN family members like yourself.

Thanx you for helping to make this year's event "one to remember"...fun and memorable! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

Which Way Out
10-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Just to fish next to Chris and Bob would be worth the trip, IMO.
And give yourself a pat on the back, that was a "Class Act" of your own to slip aside and let others have a shot at the BSP's.:Thumbs Up:

Glad you had a great time, and will see you next year.

WWO

Rooster
10-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Great report Dan, It was a blast the entire trip. We were yelling and having so much fun. Im suprised that charter boat didnt pull in to see what was going on.

SWAT truely put on one heck of a event :Thumbs Up: I never felt more welcomed by a group and I appreciated that. First class all the way! Props

5150fishn
10-22-2012, 09:49 AM
I still can't get over how much fun this event was and it was quite impressive how many anglers there were all fishing from the beach at once. I think the locals were wondering what was going on as we invaded the beach. Lol Also a big thank you to the nice parks lady who was there early opening the gate for us and the SWAT personnel who helped facilitate the parking payment. SWAT sure knows how to put on a event! Thanks again!!!

murrieta angler
10-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Trust me when I say, the pleasure was all ours...:Big Grin:
I can see Rooster getting filled up with water..we have all been there...:LOL:
Thanks for attending, without the likes of you all it might not have been such a wonderful event.
Till next year,
Robert
<><

bachiboy
10-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Wow...75 miles? I'm not feeling too bad about my 35 now. Thanks for making the trek out there and glad we could help make it all worth it. Well done on releasing the "honey hole" to some others. Seemed like that side was the place to be. I'm sure Rooster didn't feel too bad after he had a chance to watch Chris (Trolly) out there with his shorts falling down in the surge and getting rolled by the waves. :EyePop::ROFL: Take care and hope to see you out there again soon!

Don

PONTOON
10-22-2012, 07:13 PM
5150fishn,

It was cool to see you and rooster Saturday and I could tell you guys were having a great time when I heard a familiar voice, Trolly of course, and I looked down the beach to see you, Rooster , T.O. and Trolly reeling in perch after perch.:LOL:

Thanks for coming out and sharing the day with us and I'll see you this weekend!:Thumbs Up:

blackwater
10-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Most people are pleasantly surprised the first time they attend a SWAT event.
Sometimes, it's hard for people to find the reasons to come. But once they do, the decision to return is an easy one. :Wink:
Glad you and your friend had a good time. :Big Grin:

Badbeat
10-25-2012, 10:54 AM
I was there last year and it was awesome. This year was event better, wow.
Looking forward to HG5 already. :LOL:

Wingnut
10-26-2012, 05:55 PM
Hey Dan, you told me that you were going to come at Dana's Memorial event at Irvine Lake. You registered and showed up. You're a man of your word. :Big Grin:
Thank you for showing up to HG4 to honor what Dana represent, I appreciate that and you very much! :Thumbs Up:
I'm sure I will see you sometime soon somewhere on the water or at the very least, next year at HG5. :Wink:

flyngby
11-01-2012, 09:57 PM

Thanks for coming out and enjoying this event! I happend to be down that way when you were pulling in those piglets cast after cast all the while laughing at Rooster taking the Trolly Victory Plunge several times and all of laughing histerically!

Glad you had a great time!

Steve

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz200/pepper2010_bucket/fireman1.gif