PDA

View Full Version : Meaning

City Dad
10-21-2012, 10:52 AM
I have many reasons to be proud of City Girl and her sister. I had plenty of reason to be proud of her yesterday, but what gave me the greatest sense of pride was something Kel did when she didn't know anyone was looking.

It had taken us a while to get into fish but patience finally paid off. As the perch really started to go on the chew we were approached by a young couple with fishing rods. These folks weren't there for the event, they were at at the park camping with their family. They showed us their set ups - on one they had a red and white spoon, on the other a big chartreuse grub rigged wacky style. Both of the rods had been strung wrong with the line outside the bale. The fellow asked if we could help him figure out why his rigs wouldn't work. We showed them how to rig up the line and then set them up with Carolina rigs and bait.

While setting up the rods, I watched out of the corner of my eye as Kel took the young lady down to the water and showed her how to cast. She expertly places her bait on the far side of the trench and slowly worked it into the strike zone. I expected an instant hook-up, but no. Kel continued to patiently work the bait all the way back pausing every so often to let her offering tumble freely (thus illustrating an important rule of fishing the surf: many times there are fish in close, almost at your feet - don't miss out on 'em.) Just as the sinker was about to emerge her rod bends and viola. Her first Leo.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/timmeinhart/P10023.jpg

I don't know who was more excited, our new friends, Kelly or me. It was a sublime moment.

Kelly then moved aside to let the couple fish "our" spot. It was awesome. Shortly, they were hooking up, hooting and hollering and evidently having a blast while Kel and I cheered them on. At one point Kel and the gal had a double hook up.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/timmeinhart/P10024.jpg

Good times... and a nice example of why this event was started.

Can't thank SWAT and everyone involved enough. This has become a tradition with us and a great source of wonderful memories.

Looking forward to V already.

SP Dan
10-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Hi ya City Dad,

It was great to see you Tim at this year's HG-4 / Dana Rea Memorial Event.
This event could not have been successful without the participation from the wonderful FNN family members like yourself.
I know that you've got to be so proud of Kelly as she gave it her best, had fun and defended her own Derby Title in the end!

I really like the new Hunting Giants logo for our 2012 shirts that you came up with....excellent art work Tim! :Thumbs Up:

Thanx you for helping to make this year's event "one to remember"...fun and memorable! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

bones
10-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Tim..... Both you and your pride and joy are truely a wonderful part of our extended family. Thank you so much for sharing your pride filled moments on the sand with Kel. I remember the story about "Where do waves come from dad? " As a father myself I FEEL YA!! Even though my three children WERE there.... they were respectful of the fact that there had to be enough elbow room for the derby entrants so they just sat and enjoyed all of the action,food and laughs.Playing by the rules that pops laid out for them.

All of my children especially 13yo Tara watched your Kel from afar with not only envy but also with admiration.

Great Job pops....I know you are very proud of her!

------<><

Which Way Out
10-21-2012, 02:05 PM
I hope her new friend shows up next year with her family. As has already been said, "Friends, Family and FUN"

Never forget the person you are standing near, may become your next new friend.... It looks like those 2 young ladies would make a good fishing team someday.

WWO

pineapple express
10-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Good times right there !!! Team 57 spirit lives on...

It was a pleasure to meet you & your daughter yesterday.
Looking forward to the next Team 57 event.
PE

murrieta angler
10-22-2012, 09:11 AM
It was great seing you and Kelly again this year Tim..:Smile:
I knoiw you are one proud Papa, you can see the glee in your eyes a mile away...:Envious:
Thank you for the design for the shirts, I didn't even notice that the stripes spelled out S.W.A.T. until yesterday...:Rolls Eyes:
Until next year, May God Bless you and yours,
Robert
<><

bachiboy
10-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Tim,

AWESOME job on the logo design! Sorry I didn't get a chance to introduce myself or chat with you more. Those are some serious winning daughters you have there...and not cuz of the derby outcome. They get it. Be proud of yourself too cuz they learned how to do it the right way from the right person, I'm sure!:Wink:

Thanks!!!
Don

PONTOON
10-22-2012, 07:08 PM
City Dad,

First of all I've got to say the Hunting giants logo was awesome. You did a great job!:Cool:

I want to commend you for being the kind of Dad who spends time with his children. It was very cool to see you and your daughter fishing together again and what Kel did for the young lady you mentioned is a testament to the kind of good father you are. Congratulations!:Thumbs Up:

blackwater
10-23-2012, 05:23 PM
You and your daughter definitely "get it". :Big Grin:
My daughter is only three years old, but I'm looking forward to introducing her to fishing and the same values.
Kudos to the both of you. :Thumbs Up:

Badbeat
10-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Your daughter is something else City Dad, I credit good parenting skills. :Wink:

Wingnut
10-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Hey Tim, the Apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. :Wink:
You are a great Dad and it reflects on your daughters...
Thank you for your support and friendship thru the years. :Cool:

flyngby
11-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Bigfoot Wisperer,

You have done an awsome job raising you 2 daughters and teaching some great values!

Always a great sight to see you proudly walking down the sands working and sharing knowledge!

Steve

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz200/pepper2010_bucket/fireman1.gif