PDA

View Full Version : Wipa' My A**! (10/18/12) Report

TaperSteve
10-19-2012, 05:56 PM
I decided to fish a Thursday evening at the Vine for the first time ever and boy did I make the right decision. I arrived at the Lake around 5pm. I launched my boat and headed for a spot I had really been wanting to try. I was a little disappointed at first as I pulled up because I could see there was already another boat there but as I pulled closer I could see it was a bass boat with their trolling motor in the water and on the move. So I anchored down, baited up, and cast out both my rigs.

By now the sun had just set and I took this photo of another beautiful Vine cresent moon set!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/TaperSteve/2012-10-18_18-13-52_984.jpg

Not long after that I get my first hook up but I could tell it was a cookie-cutter cat and it ended up coming un-buttoned close to the boat.... ehh no biggy.

Next my other rod gets absolutely slammed as my clicker screamed away without missing a beat. I grabbed the rod and right away I could tell it was a wiper and a big one at that. Normally I keep my drag a little loose and use my thumb more as a drag but this fish was so strong it burned my thumb at first touch. I tightened up the dragged some and after a solid 10 min fight I brought this 10lbs+ wiper to the net.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/TaperSteve/2012-10-18_18-35-05_278.jpg

I didn't have my scale with me so I didn't get its weight. After a quick photo op I returned the fish to the water to be caught another day!

I was messing with one of my fishing apps saving and naming waypoints so my phone ended up going dead after that so I didn't get any more pictures. After that battle with the wiper I was on a steady bite for the rest of the night and ended up limiting out on the cats by 10pm. My biggest of the night (cat that is) was about 8lbs.

One more week till the King of the Cats.... I can't wait! With all the Team 57 people qualified I hope one of us takes home the title. After that it's trout time baby! If you haven't already signed up for "Trout"sgiving go check out the "Fishing Rendezvous" section here on FNN for more details!

Till next time.... TaperSteve

CL SmooV
10-19-2012, 06:22 PM
Beautiful fish TS!!!

Good luck at the KOTC.

JAG107
10-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Great score on the wiper steve, awesome!

Hometown
10-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Nice whiper Steve see you at Koc

bruce watson
10-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Steve, PM me about how your boat is doing and did you go see those guys in Buena Park. Also, nice fish.

fishfnatic
10-20-2012, 09:48 PM
Nice looking wiper there TS. See you next week!

5150fishn
10-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Sweet Wiper Steve! Good luck to you and the rest of my Team 57 peeps in the KOTC!

Rooster
10-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Great pic and report bro, That wiper is a pig.
Hope ya have a blast at the KOC & bring home the gold.

OC ANGLER
10-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Awesome report TS ! see ya at "Trout"sgiving !

TaperSteve
10-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Beautiful fish TS!!!

Good luck at the KOTC.

Great score on the wiper steve, awesome!

CL SmooV, JAG107 - Thanks for the positive replies/vibes!

Nice whiper Steve see you at Koc

See you Friday!

Steve, PM me about how your boat is doing and did you go see those guys in Buena Park. Also, nice fish.

Sent you a PM Bruce.... thanks for the help!

Nice looking wiper there TS. See you next week!

Dress warm and be prepared for a L-O-N-G night!

Sweet Wiper Steve! Good luck to you and the rest of my Team 57 peeps in the KOTC!

Great pic and report bro, That wiper is a pig.
Hope ya have a blast at the KOC & bring home the gold.

I sure hope I bring home the gold at the KotC too. If not me than one of the other Team 57er's that qualified.

Awesome report TS ! see ya at "Trout"sgiving !

"Trout"sgiving is going to be a blast and I really hope you can make it!

For anyone not signed up for the event yet check out this link: Team 57's - "Trout"sgiving! (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?67859-quot-Trout-quot-sgiving!-Presented-by-Team-57-(11-17-12))

TS

DynoDan
10-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Nice bro! Nice! See u soon!

Carptain_Bao
10-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Nice wiper for sure, well done TS! I will see you on Friday!

PONTOON
10-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Steve, Congrats on the big wiper!:Cool:

I'll see you Saturday and good Luck to you!