PDA

View Full Version : Bass fishing

allIdoIsfish
10-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Hows the bass fishing at this lake?

Ive never been here or know much about the bass fishing here. Can anyone give me some insight on the bass population here? Im not really looking for secret spots or secret lures, I just want to know if its worth my $34 to come bass fish here. Also what side of the lake should i start at?

Victor

5150fishn
10-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Yes the lake is a great bass lake. Haven't fished it lately for bass but when I have it has always produced fish for me. I would start in the flats. Good luck and report back!

allIdoIsfish
10-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Yes the lake is a great bass lake. Haven't fished it lately for bass but when I have it has always produced fish for me. I would start in the flats. Good luck and report back!

Thanks for the input. Does the lake have a lot of underwater brush/trees? I'd hate to loose a bunch of cranks to find out lol

good kentucky
10-18-2012, 11:31 PM
I fished there two weeks ago, irvine is a great bass lake but this year was little different for me.. Kinda slow for me this year. Water level dropped a lot . Wacky senko, 1/2 oz brown/green jig, spro frogs and BTX A-rig worked for me. I worked veggitation edge/top near the dock and worked the rocky wall on left side of the water outlet by the dam. If no one is on the rocky point, work it slow with drop shot or jigs. Good luck out there!

allIdoIsfish
10-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the input everyone, I ended up fishing the flats to red clay to rocky point and Sierra cove, fishing was pretty tough and I only ended up with 5 2lbers. The water levels looks to be down, a whole lot of all the tree line shore is high and dry. I think I'll fish the pudd for the rest of the fall and hopefully get out to the vine in the spring.