PDA

View Full Version : current - Snow level for hiking & water level for fishing?

Ultralight
10-18-2012, 06:59 AM
Greetings,

Looking to go up with my boys shortly and would appreciate any help.

When we were up in August, the water level was very low. Is it still low? For example, Lake Mary was so low tha it was a few feet down below the bridge when we hikied around it. Saddlebag was also very low. Is the water level back up or is it still dry?

Is there snow on the ground at higher elevation such as mosquito flats? Wondering about hiking as we've not hike the Sierras in late October.

Would also love to hook up into some browns with my boys on some streams if anyone has any tips you are willing to share. If you check my previous posts, we do a lot of C&R and stay within limits on the stockers when we do keep some for the pan.

Thanks,
UL

pc2mac
10-19-2012, 08:59 AM
I hear that the water is still pretty low. Heading up pretty soon so I'll report back. It looks like some snow is expected next week but nothing heavy....

zzzfish
10-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Water is super low. Fishing is a little tough. I was there a few days ago. The key is to find the fish and present the right things.... I'll PM you with the rest of the info.

smokinflies
10-20-2012, 04:01 PM
Here's a decent site on mammoth weather.
http://mammothweather.com/

Seen Crowley Lake this past weekend. Never seen it soo low. The lake actually has two islands now. :Sad: