PDA

View Full Version : 10/17 afternoon at Puddingstone.

kjwright8
10-17-2012, 09:12 PM
So i am back on track to catching fish again after a streak of bad luck. caught one little guy about 9 inches on a drop shot rig using a purple strait tail roboworm. Im still trying to learn this technique properly. did get a couple bites using a yellow and pink roboworm leech just really hard for me to tell when im getting a bite. Watched a guy jerking a small crankbait catch 3 including what looked to be a nice 3lber.

Anyone have suggestions for dropshot as far as retrieve and the working the rig?
Also I have been using a 6ft medium pole with a fast tip, 8lb mono, with a browning flip reel. Been eyeing the Skeet Reese Drop shot poles. What type of line should i use?

lazyfisherman
10-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Go with lighter line. I generally use 4-6 lb test. Work your bait nice and slow. Remember that Roboworms float, so as long as your line is tight, the lure is floating in the zone. Right now is a great time to use reaction baits such as crank baits. Just remember the match the hatch. If the baitfish you see are tiny, throw a tiny lure.

smokinflies
10-20-2012, 04:11 PM
Been drop shotting on a bait casting reel with 10lb test and seem to be doing ok. i do use fluorocarbon line instead of mono and always keep a finger on the line to detect strikes.

and like lazyguy mentioned, work the ds slow and keep little tension on the line.

Bass Boy 14
10-21-2012, 09:18 AM
I've been using 8lb mono with a 12" leader, ribbontail worm - wacky worm style. I've had some really good luck on that rig. Just jig it back slow and they'll tap

Good luck - BB