PDA

View Full Version : Any tips of the striper at Perris?

October
10-16-2012, 07:56 PM
I usually take my kayak out for some bassing but now that I got some heavier gear I wanted to try and go for some stripes. I have never fished for them before. I was thinking of just going and throwing out some big swimbaits (big hammers) but i really dont know what Im doing. Where is a good place for them? Whats a decent lure that I dont have to troll 15 knots with?

fish-hound
10-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Hey there just to help you out the best place for striper would be down the road at either Diamond Valley or Skinner. Don't get me wrong there are stripers in Perris and some monster ones at that but they are very hard to find and even harder to catch. I don't fish for stripers but I'd try some of the deeper waters of the West end and by the I/O tower there's a video on youtube I saw of some guy catching a massive striper by the I/O buoy line. Swimbaits and jerkbaits will probably do good for you just be careful trolling with those speedboats and other watercraft zipping around on that lake. Good luck out there if you go and post some pics if you manage to hook on to any!

DWRGuy
10-17-2012, 05:54 AM
Hey there just to help you out the best place for striper would be down the road at either Diamond Valley or Skinner. Don't get me wrong there are stripers in Perris and some monster ones at that but they are very hard to find and even harder to catch. I don't fish for stripers but I'd try some of the deeper waters of the West end and by the I/O tower there's a video on youtube I saw of some guy catching a massive striper by the I/O buoy line. Swimbaits and jerkbaits will probably do good for you just be careful trolling with those speedboats and other watercraft zipping around on that lake. Good luck out there if you go and post some pics if you manage to hook on to any!

What fish-hound said ^^. They like the aerators by the intake towers. Pull your boat up to the buoy line and cast in the bubbles. Could also consider silverwood at the inlet.

Sublime-Steve
10-18-2012, 05:19 AM
wait till its freezing dude.... thats when they were all caught last year. chuck huge top water lures @ the tower in Jan n Feb

fishmounter
10-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Steve's right, most are caught during the colder months, partly because that's when Rainbow Trout are stocked, and the fish are at the "tower" because of the moving oxygenated water which the trout and stripers like.

fish-hound
10-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Is it illegal to throw over that buoy line?

Rapala17
10-18-2012, 02:02 PM

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z23CHvc3SeQ