PDA

View Full Version : noobie fisherman

asianguy
10-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to say HI! I grew up going fishing with the family a lot (mostly at the aquaduct in Nor Cal) for bass and catfish and on ocassion blue gills at the lake/river. Since moving to So Cal about 10 years ago, I would say that I have only touched the rod 2 times (at Salton Sea and Silverwood Lake) and on both occasions, I was skunked. All I can say is that I have been feeling the itch to go fishing and I am glad I ran across this site. I happened to be in Hesperia a couple weeks back and am looking to do some aquaduct fishing, though I hear that not much action happens there. Any how, if there are a few guys planning to head out fishing on the weekends in the IE and do not mind the company, let me know. My rig is pretty basic and I probably need some help with building it up, so I would enjoy any advice you all have to share.

Regards,

AsianGuy

fishmounter
10-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Welcome AsianGuy to FNN. Where in the IE are you located? I fish Lake Perris for panfish and also go to nearby Fairmount Park and fish for bass. Do you have a boat or float tube?

asianguy
10-18-2012, 01:41 PM
I am out in Highland. I have been to fairmount park once, but never fished there. I have seen some people pull up carp the last time I was there. Where's a good location for bass in fairmount?

Wingnut
10-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Welcome, you will have a lot of fun here. :Cool:

asianguy
10-31-2012, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

5150fishn
11-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Welcome to the site!