PDA

View Full Version : Peck road tomorrow.

fisherman44
10-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Going to peck tomorrow to see if i can get anything. has anyone been there lately and caught something?

bassfishing24/7
10-16-2012, 12:29 PM
The water level has been really low in certain areas & most of the Big Fish r holding pretty deep.plenty of Bass fingerlings around the shore lines.Good Luck!

B@$$[P][M][P]
11-14-2012, 04:22 PM
I was there for a min on Sunday. No bites.

jsmith91725
11-27-2012, 12:38 PM
i suggest the far west end of the lake by the big water turbine
good little drop offs and flat bottom areas

and thats also one of the trout stocking spots so you can only assume some congregate there...
but the bass there this time of year are tough
some holding deep
i fish texas rigged plastics with a 7 1/2 foot stick and make long casts and let it sink to the bottom

i pulled 2 out of there last sunday about 2 lbs each and they both had mud on there belly so they were hugging the bottom...

hopefully my advice helps
good luck :)

B@$$[P][M][P]
11-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Far west as in all the way down that bike trail? leaving from the main entrance. Ive never seen a water turbine... just wondering.

bassfishing24/7
11-28-2012, 03:31 PM
I was there today from 8 am -2:30,not one single bite on a ika or ds...I did lose a huge mystery fish Monday on a Huddleston swimbait....& the water turbine is the drain pump that pushes the water into the river....

jsmith91725
11-30-2012, 12:30 PM
I was there today from 8 am -2:30,not one single bite on a ika or ds...I did lose a huge mystery fish Monday on a Huddleston swimbait....& the water turbine is the drain pump that pushes the water into the river....

well i fish trout there i dont usually fish bass there
but thats a good spot to throw big baits cuz there are trout around there

but i fish bass on the steep shoreline on the way to the big pump/turbine whatever u call it and in the channel that links the lakes

any info on the crappie in there ?
ive heard stories of BIG crappie in there
i fished that lake for years and have yet to pull a crappie out of there

XMrxSEAUx
11-30-2012, 02:39 PM
well i fish trout there i dont usually fish bass there
but thats a good spot to throw big baits cuz there are trout around there

but i fish bass on the steep shoreline on the way to the big pump/turbine whatever u call it and in the channel that links the lakes

any info on the crappie in there ?
ive heard stories of BIG crappie in there
i fished that lake for years and have yet to pull a crappie out of there

For crappie's go for the flooded timber. the tree's on the trail before the water pump area. those tree's that hang over and has a steep dropoff. If you have good shoes and balance go down and lean on a branch and let your mini jig down or marabou in white/ red and that's how i get my crappie. most of them are in the 1 + lb category

bassfishing24/7
11-30-2012, 04:12 PM
For crappie's go for the flooded timber. the tree's on the trail before the water pump area. those tree's that hang over and has a steep dropoff. If you have good shoes and balance go down and lean on a branch and let your mini jig down or marabou in white/ red and that's how i get my crappie. most of them are in the 1 + lb category
Hmmmm...I've never heard or seen any crappie getting caught at Peck....interesting....

smokehound
11-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Was gonna head up there, but damn, that's one long trip

Ifishtoolittle
11-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Out of curiosity but how is the water level like right now? Is it still low? And are the sub legal fish still near the shoreline or are they with their larger brethren? Gratz...

bassfishing24/7
12-01-2012, 04:02 AM
Out of curiosity but how is the water level like right now? Is it still low? And are the sub legal fish still near the shoreline or are they with their larger brethren? Gratz...
Its still way below normal but rising slowly....the bass fingerlings seem to stay around the shoreline in warmer weather,that's only from what I have seen.....

Ifishtoolittle
12-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Its still way below normal but rising slowly....the bass fingerlings seem to stay around the shoreline in warmer weather,that's only from what I have seen.....

Thank ya'. I was contemplating on making a trip to there, but I guess it's still too early to do so. Those water levels need to go UP before I'm gonna make a trek there.

B@$$[P][M][P]
12-02-2012, 02:38 PM
@bassfishing 24/7 .. Good times fishing yesterday. I have my ninja outfit ready to roll.

cbrannon29
12-12-2012, 05:15 PM
can somebody tell me what the water looks like?does anyone know when they actully stocked trout

Viejo
12-12-2012, 06:59 PM
can somebody tell me what the water looks like?does anyone know when they actully stocked trout

Water is pretty rough looking because of the storm. They stock every other Thursday:Big Grin:

The Birdman
12-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Hey folks, I'm new to this forum, and I live close to Peck road park lake and will head down there in the next few days to take pics of the area for reference. haven't been there lately, but will report back on any observations.

The Birdman
12-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Watching Football today but sent the boy to PRP to take pics. He didn't take them the way I asked him, but kids will be kids!
This is from the South shore of the North half of the lake where the DFG dump the stocked fish, and you can see just how low the water level is! This spot is just a short walk north from the north side of the parking lot, and is usually a decent area with easy casting and relaxing shore fishing.
This is from the south side of the parking lot, looking toward the west at the South side of the channel leading to the south half of the lake, never caught anything from here, but on the other side I've had some luck, but with the water this low the banks are steep.

I'll head over there this week to get the shots the boy didn't get.