PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Castaic, first striper trip of the year

fishfinder
10-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Got the boat to inspection about 8am, shoulda got an earlier start. Set up to troll and about 30 minutes in I see a boil and no-one else is around. I haven't tied a top water lure on yet, so i start tieing one on while i am trolling. then bam, the rod go's off and i have my first striper on 2012. I missed the topwater bite but teolled on, and within 10 minutes i get another. Then 15 minutes another, but this turns out to be a largemouth. then it go's dead. guess i should have got up earlier. so i decide to try this little boat out on the lake. its the first time i have had it to a big lake. 13.5' gregor with 20hp got up to 24.1 mph. got a little squirlly a couple times too. so i get to the other side of the lake to find i haven't pulled the 2 stripers i kept in to the boat and the stringer was missing 1 fish. here is the pic of the 1 that made it.

MDK

fishinone
10-15-2012, 07:26 AM
Nice catch! Wow, first striper of the year. It's October.

You caught more fish than I did and I caught a limit.

fishfinder
10-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Nice catch! Wow, first striper of the year. It's October.

You caught more fish than I did and I caught a limit.

yea, this was my first striper trip of the year. been fishing other places all year. mostly palmdale resv./fin and feather club. close to home and doesnt cost much to get there.

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-16-2012, 09:55 AM
congrats on ur catch....nice work..

if your tying on a topwater lure while on the water....ur gonna be late for the party....

be ready b4 launch...

he who is prepared takes the prize : )

go get 'em cowboy : )

look forward to ur next slay session....good luck : )

Gary

MarkyMark
10-16-2012, 11:32 AM
yea, this was my first striper trip of the year. been fishing other places all year. mostly palmdale resv./fin and feather club. close to home and doesnt cost much to get there.

That Fin and Feather place sucks..it's overpriced and only has trout in it....don't waste your time!:Wink:

Congrats on your trip!

MM

fishfinder
10-17-2012, 06:16 PM
That Fin and Feather place sucks..it's overpriced and only has trout in it....don't waste your time!:Wink:

Congrats on your trip!

MM

REALLY MARK!!! $250 for a full year to store my boat is a deal. but i killed the bass out there this summer. the only gripe i have is now they only do boat inspections tue and sat. should do them anytime they are open. you already paid the initiation fee, so now you might as well pony up the next years dues. plus this year i have been fishing about 20 times. last 2 years 10 total. come on you know you luv it there. see you on openiong day next year buddy.