PDA

View Full Version : ???Creeks???

Dodger_12
10-13-2012, 06:26 PM
hey,im going back to san diego and i wanted to know if u guys could tell me if they're any good creeks with wild trout still,going towards wrightwood or in the same area. i thought id give the mountains a hike in and explore for the last time.:) thanks if you could help me out.

D_12

Viejo
10-13-2012, 07:04 PM
hey,im going back to san diego and i wanted to know if u guys could tell me if they're any good creeks with wild trout still,going towards wrightwood or in the same area. i thought id give the mountains a hike in and explore for the last time.:) thanks if you could help me out.

D_12

All of the local creeks are at extremely low levels and water temps are still very high....in the high 60's. Survival rates for wild trout caught in 65-70 degree water are low (for single barblesshook ...non-existent for bait hooks) That is assuming you catch and release your fish.

With another round of 90 degree temps coming....best bet would be to try some mountain lakes. The "good creeks" can use a rest until we get some rain and cooler temps. If you have to hike....try the East Fork of the San Gabriel and go up high. Lots of little wild fish to play with and the
water temps have been decent around the bridge.

Dodger_12
10-14-2012, 07:38 AM
thanks and of course,always catch n release. :)

Tom
10-14-2012, 09:36 AM

D_12

Wright wood area?

I am assuming you mean west of 15 and south of 138?

You could try Lytle creek
You could try Rancho Cucamonga creek
and the creek up Mount Baldy....forgetting the name right now