PDA

View Full Version : Guys I need some help here....BAD!

FishinFireFighter
10-13-2012, 06:19 PM
..nevermind...

cutbait
10-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Sounds like fishing in no fishing zones is going to cost your buddy.

Sounds like evading, sounds like trespassing, better hope nothing is at home when the door knock comes

seal
10-15-2012, 08:52 AM
Sounds like fishing in no fishing zones is going to cost your buddy.

Sounds like evading, sounds like trespassing, better hope nothing is at home when the door knock comes

Oops! Why do I got this feeling that this deleted post had something to do with a lake that I visit occasionally?

cutbait
10-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Oops! Why do I got this feeling that this deleted post had something to do with a lake that I visit occasionally?

Or the "friend" is actually the OG poster

carpanglerdude
10-15-2012, 04:15 PM
What was originally posted? Curious.

cutbait
10-15-2012, 06:53 PM
What was originally posted? Curious.

paraphrasing here...

"my friend" got rolled up on fishing behind the bouy line, sheriff boat rolled up, they hauled *** back to the ramp, sheriff boat followed, they jumped out and fled.

Was afraid sheriff got their license plate numbers. AM I IN TROUBLE?

Viejo
10-16-2012, 03:52 PM
paraphrasing here...

"my friend" got rolled up on fishing behind the bouy line, sheriff boat rolled up, they hauled *** back to the ramp, sheriff boat followed, they jumped out and fled.

So Firefighterfishing man....what the heck were you doing that could jeopardize your stated career? I'd change your screen name.

seal
10-17-2012, 08:30 AM
I've noticed them checking out the bouy lines more now, I'd say this is a warning to my friends out there that might "stray" a little, I know it's tempting as hell but if the wrong guy catches you it's going to be expensive! Also new workers there might be a little more gunho.

a321eric
10-19-2012, 03:15 PM
I've noticed them checking out the bouy lines more now, I'd say this is a warning to my friends out there that might "stray" a little, I know it's tempting as hell but if the wrong guy catches you it's going to be expensive! Also new workers there might be a little more gunho.

I have been rolled up on there before and was lucky enough to get just a lecture from the ranger and told to leave. I'm sure he could've confiscated my gear, gave me a fat ticket and given a misdemeanor. Anyhow, they take trespassing pretty serious over there, my suggestion Is to stay away as well. Hope everything Is okay fishinfirefighter.

fishinone
10-19-2012, 04:14 PM
paraphrasing here...

LOL!

Somebody with a flight response like that isn't going to make much of firefighter.

DarkShadow
10-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Isn't this synonymous to putting the pedal to the floor because a cop caught you running a stop sign?

Did you friends have warrants or something?

Kinda drastic choice if all you were doing is fishing inside the restricted area.

stocker
10-19-2012, 07:16 PM
I wouldn't worry about it, hope you or your buddies got bit. I've read your posts and know that you're a great fisherman buoy line or not. When I actually see see a sign clearly marked not to fish within or anchor up or else, then I'll start paying attention. California is the king state of petty. These Ranger Ricks need to concentrate on car break ins, graffitti thugs, dirty diaper douches, live trout chuckers and sling netters instead of some guy enjoying the outdoors.

seal
10-20-2012, 09:28 AM
I wouldn't worry about it, hope you or your buddies got bit. I've read your posts and know that you're a great fisherman buoy line or not. When I actually see see a sign clearly marked not to fish within or anchor up or else, then I'll start paying attention. California is the king state of petty. These Ranger Ricks need to concentrate on car break ins, graffitti thugs, dirty diaper douches, live trout chuckers and sling netters instead of some guy enjoying the outdoors.

The "Ranger Ricks" are doing their job! I know most of them and the crap they have to deal with on daily basis is ridiculous. Tresspassing is certainly as serious as any of the other offenses you listed. It is clearly marked no tresspassing and fenced and if you choose to ignore then be prepared to take the consequences. I know a lot of locals have strayed on occasion, I saw some boils once and just couldn't help myself but only ran in and ran out, it's very tempting but you are taking a serious financial risk.

Also drive the damn speed limit in the park! They will ticket you I promise.

stocker
10-20-2012, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE=seal;634743]The "Ranger Ricks" are doing their job! I know most of them and the crap they have to deal with on daily basis is ridiculous. Tresspassing is certainly as serious as any of the other offenses you listed. It is clearly marked no tresspassing and fenced and if you choose to ignore then be prepared to take the consequences. I know a lot of locals have strayed on occasion, I saw some boils once and just couldn't help myself but only ran in and ran out, it's very tempting but you are taking a serious financial risk.

Also drive the damn speed limit in the park! They will ticket you I promise.[/QUOTE

Trespassing isn't even half as serious as live trout chuckers in my book, that is if trophy stripers and largemouth are your game. Trespassing is trespassing however, you're right about that so if you do get ticketed whining isn't gonna help. The rangers do have a lot on their plates. Wednesday I was up there and someone had made a fire on the grass by the gazebo in the marina area. There's a lot of issues up there no doubt about it.

cutbait
10-20-2012, 10:08 AM
I don't know, maybe its just me..

But the evading police seems the item left out here...

Trespassing bad? Yes

Trout chunking? Yes (though irrelevent in this thread, no evidence of anyone chuckin trout)

BUT? The guy puts up great reports, so keep on keepin on I say! Trespass, evading be damned

seal
10-20-2012, 10:16 AM
I don't know, maybe its just me..

But the evading police seems the item left out here...

Trespassing bad? Yes

Trout chunking? Yes (though irrelevent in this thread, no evidence of anyone chuckin trout)

BUT? The guy puts up great reports, so keep on keepin on I say! Trespass, evading be damned

I agree and they definitely know how to catch um. But at the same time it's good to keep everybody on their toes out there. I read a lot of reports that glorify the ninja or off limits stuff, that's cool and I know it's fun, but at the same time it can possibly lead some to think there is very little chance of a penalty for it. If you are working in an industry that something like tresspassing goes on your record that is not a good thing, also for the younger crowd looking for a gig something like this on your record can very likely affect your employment possiblilities (like it's not hard enough already for the younger generation to get a job!).

It's not all about double digit stripers and huge green carp!