PDA

View Full Version : ODC 816 or the super sport 9??

matt duarte
08-28-2007, 11:18 PM
which pontube is better? i ve been looking at the ODC 816 or the ODC super sport 9... the super sports tubes are 9' and the 816s are 8' but I think I like the 816 better but my opinion is on looks I don't know much about the kick boats... I'm planning on a trolling motor, new seat with a deeley to adjust the seat higher or lower and maybe a small live well, I'm going to change the mesh storage area to a alum standing platform... I know with all this bigger is better but looking at them in the way they react in the water, move,turn, ect or anything else I should know...

thanks matt d

Socal Bassman
08-29-2007, 03:26 AM
When I was thinking of getting a toon, I was thinking about the Super Sport 9 also because of the price and it is a 9 footer. The 15" bladders might not catch as much wind either, which should make it easier to control. I don't know, hopefully Ronira could shed some light on this subject. However, the main thing that sways me towards the 816 is the aluminum frame as compared to the steel frame of the SS9.

Man, all this talk about toons is beginning to make me think of getting one.

Ronira
08-29-2007, 05:49 AM
Hey guys, The ODC 816 is a better boat in my opinion for a couple of reasons. The aluminum frame is one. The pontoons on the ODC 816 have an inner liner. Thats one more layer of the same type of material as the outside cover. This means the pontoon will handle temperature changes better and is more punture resistant. The weight capacity is the same and the 816 weighs 10 lbs less even though the pontoons are built heavier. I think it will be easier to mount a motor on the 816 as well. Also the frame on the 816 can be moved forward on the boat to help offset the weight of the battery. That being said neither of these boats are rated for a trolling motor. That doesn't mean it can't be done, just going to have to play with it and figure a mount out. Hope this helps. Peace Ron

tacklejunkie
08-29-2007, 09:54 AM

:lol:
I'm gonna be the only one tubing here pretty soon! Ya'll just wait till I make my FC4 a scene straight from a james bond movie :twisted:

Ronira
08-29-2007, 10:32 AM
And I believe you will Tacklejunkie, I hope I get to film the part where the hot woman steals the prototype and speeds away naked. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Socal Bassman
08-29-2007, 05:59 PM

:lol:
I'm gonna be the only one tubing here pretty soon! Ya'll just wait till I make my FC4 a scene straight from a james bond movie :twisted:
I'm not giving up on my FC4 just yet. Too many random ideas going through my head. Drawing up plans for a better rod holder now. The next project is a fishfinder. Hopefully by the time I'm done with this tube, my wife will decide that she wants to go tubin' too, then I could pick me up an H3 or that nifty NavigatorII.

matt duarte
08-30-2007, 07:38 AM
hey ron! and fellow pontubers!!!!! my odc 816 order just went from pending to shipped!!!!! should be here by the 6th!

gotta love cabelas....gotta love their buy now pay later feature! no credit card needed no background check just place the order and get a statement in the mail!!!

no plans and dollar signs are flyin thru my head....trolling motor...holder for beer chest...live well.....fish finder...rod holders... stand up deeley....oh man my wife is going to kill me! lol lol

Ronira
08-30-2007, 08:50 AM
Outstanding Matt, I'm stoked for you my freind. I can't wait for the next potube festival. Your gonna go nuts when you take it out for the first time. I would love to see that thing with a trolling motor rippin across the lake.

matt duarte
08-30-2007, 09:46 AM
ya I can't wait! I'm gonna fab up a bunch of stuff for it! already thinkin of a swivel mounted cutting board for bait for those cats and stripers, live well... wouldn't it be sweet to have a pet bass!! lol the best part would be getting to watch it eat youtube spoiled me on that! :lol:

anyone having trouble posting? I'm getting this debug mode bullcrap and have to post it like 5 time fr it to work

matt duarte
ya I can't wait! I'm gonna fab up a bunch of stuff for it! already thinkin of a swivel mounted cutting board for bait for those cats and stripers, live well... wouldn't it be sweet to have a pet bass!! lol the best part would be getting to watch it eat youtube spoiled me on that! :lol:

anyone having trouble posting? I'm getting this debug mode bullcrap and have to post it like 5 time fr it to work

matt duarte

Ronira
08-30-2007, 10:12 AM
That would be cool Matt, I saw an aquarium in the classified section that would be perfect for a pet bass. Only thing is I think it's against the law. :roll: I'm having a bit of trouble once in a while to but I think it's because I'm computer stupid. :oops:

matt duarte
08-30-2007, 10:42 AM
everything is illegal lol

doesn't make sence to me though... you can kill then and eat them but you can't make them a pet lol

one_leg
08-30-2007, 11:07 AM
buy a live one at an asian market

matt duarte
08-30-2007, 11:18 AM
lol never thought of that... they sell them alive?

matt duarte
08-30-2007, 11:19 AM
lol never thought of that... they sell them alive?

Ronira
08-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Oh man, that's cool One Leg. I think I'm gonna do that.

Socal Bassman
08-30-2007, 01:45 PM
I remember when I had a pet bass in my 180 gallon tank. Had him when he was 2lbs and kept him for years feeding off of goldfish, crawdads, bluegills, and anything else that fit in his mouth. He was close to 7lbs when he got too big and I had to let him go.

matt duarte
08-30-2007, 01:57 PM
see thats sweet socal! i saw a youtube vid where this guy gave his bassa nice sized mouse!!! i couldnt beleave it! it was bada$$

tacklejunkie
08-30-2007, 06:01 PM
hey ron! and fellow pontubers!!!!! my odc 816 order just went from pending to shipped!!!!! should be here by the 6th!
Congrats man! Looks like a sweet Toon. I was checking it out the ODC site last night. You gonna be big pimpin like Ron! :thumb:

Socal Bassman
08-30-2007, 06:30 PM
How does that "buy now, pay later" thing work from Cabelas? My wife read the post earlier and told me if that's the case, then I could order the ODC 816, then she'll take my tube. I just laughed and told her if that's the case, and if Cabela's ever carries the Navigator II, then I'd do it in a flash. I can't get the picture of that thing out of my head. LOL

matt duarte
08-30-2007, 07:42 PM
it was easy I didn't think it would work but all it ask is for your adress and last 4 digits of your social. they don't do a background check or look at your credit score they will just send you a monthly bill, its almost like a cabelas credit card with no limit :lol: it took like a day in a half before it went from pending to shipped, thought it didn't work so I called and the guy said no worries it should be their on the 6th!

Z-TUNAKILLER
08-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Hey Now, 1 MORE TIME .

i received an e-mail from BPS they have a 6 pay deal. Dam just may have to get me a FF/GPS combo ?

LIVING THE AMERICAN DREAM.........LOTS OF TOYS AND DEEP IN DEBT !

# Offer expires September 11, 2007
# Offer available for Internet & Catalog orders only
# Offer available to United States and Canadian residents only.
Some restrictions may apply.

How to apply:
1. Make sure your total merchandise selection equals $125 or more before shipping and taxes.
2. When you have completed shopping continue through the check out process. You will have the option to choose 6 Pay by clicking the box on the Checkout Payment page.

Start Shopping

*Here's how it works: You must request this payment plan at the time you place your order. We will charge only one-sixth (1/6) of the total order amount to your VISA, MASTERCARD, or DISCOVER card. At this time, we will also authorize (but not charge) two (2) additional payments. If authorization is declined, you will have the option of using a different credit card or canceling the order. This authorization should be cleared from your account in ten (10) business days. The remaining balance of approved orders will be charged in five (5) equal installments every thirty (30) days. You will be assessed a $1.00 processing fee each month.

We reserve the right to make credit inquiries, which may delay the shipment of your order. A credit will be posted to your 6-Pay Account for any returns or cancellations. The redemption of Gift Cards/Certificates, Outdoor Rewards points and/or credits will be deducted from the qualifying merchandise total. Bass Pro Shops accepts no responsibility for the use of debit card. Does not include Gift Card purchases or hunting and fishing licenses. Other restrictions may apply.

Z

FISH ON !