PDA

View Full Version : Used 1-year-old chigger craw saved the day!

smokehound
10-11-2012, 03:35 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/smokehound/IMG_20121009_171819.jpg

I swear, that craw was like.. ..my lucky craw. it worked better than all the others in the pack.

This particular craw saw 5 16+ inch spotties, several octopi, Yellowfin croakers, and around 6 largemouth bass!

It finally kicked the bucket when this hungry bucketmouth thrashed it! as soon as I removed the hook, the knot went kaput and the hook simply fell off!

RIP Chigga!

fishmounter
10-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Not really sure what you mean. Aren't Chigger Craws just plastic crawdads? How in the world could you catch that many fish (including 5 big toothy Spotted Bay Bass), several octopi and this nice bass on the same bait? I get maybe 4 to 4 bass on an Ika or a Robo Worm and it's trashed. Are they made out of that really stretchy, strong plastic material?

fishmounter
10-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Oh yeah Marcus, that bass looks like it was caught before, with the corner of it's mouth showing a past wound. Funny how bad they can be hurt and yet end up surviving.

smokehound
10-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Oh yeah Marcus, that bass looks like it was caught before, with the corner of it's mouth showing a past wound. Funny how bad they can be hurt and yet end up surviving.Berkley gulp

Chigger craws are pretty durable. I just use my lighter to melt the splits and tears back together. I do this with all my soft plastics, it really increases longevity quite a bit.

The heat also softens the plastic, too. Sometimes I'll run a lighter back and forth over a fresh plastic to soften it up.

This doesnt work if the claws break off (which is what ultimately happened)..

bassfishing24/7
10-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Looks like its time for the good old faithful brush hogz!! Lol

smokehound
10-15-2012, 01:49 AM
hell yea!

debating whether to hit NPH or a city park lake instead. Considering the time of year, that's a really tough choice!

Sublime-Steve
10-15-2012, 05:33 AM
LOL u caught a octo on a chigger? nice basses

smokehound
10-17-2012, 02:52 AM
LOL u caught a octo on a chigger? nice bassesI have a habit of catching tons of em. For some reason they really love my retrieve. It happens no matter what soft plastics I use =\

I never hook em, either, they latch on and dont let go. It's a shame they have no fight whatsoever.. at least they dont blast you with ink, though!

Always wanted to pin one on a circle hook and see what attacks it!

Ifishtoolittle
10-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Always wanted to pin one on a circle hook and see what attacks it!

The resident Lingcod in NPH would! lol!