PDA

View Full Version : Lake Perris Bass Tips?

USCisbeast22
10-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Does anybody know what the LMB have been hitting recently? I will be going there this weekend and I don't go very often so I would be grateful for any tips on some baits or techniques that are working right now. Thanks!

JJT
10-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Does anybody know what the LMB have been hitting recently? I will be going there this weekend and I don't go very often so I would be grateful for any tips on some baits or techniques that are working right now. Thanks!

I have always had good luck with robo worms in dark colors like purple or black grape. Lite line 6 to 8, cooler weather has been bring some back to the shallows. Try tossing some top water early and switch to deep later as sun comes up. Just my choice but I tend to finesse fish more than anything. Also might want to try small jerk baits 2 to 6 inches have landed me some good fish off the island.

Good luck ill be out on Sunday.

John.

Pete Marino
10-11-2012, 01:50 PM
The bass are deep..30-55ft. They are in their fall/winter pattern. Spoons and deep reaction baits...and if they are in a funk then throw the dropshot or c-rig!!

Pete

USCisbeast22
10-12-2012, 05:15 PM
The bass are deep..30-55ft. They are in their fall/winter pattern. Spoons and deep reaction baits...and if they are in a funk then throw the dropshot or c-rig!!

Pete

Thanks guys good to know!

h00kup33
10-16-2012, 02:29 PM
6 inch spoon in gold with any kind of metallic sticker will do the trick. my friend and i went yesterday and caught a 6.5lb deep water spooning. rip it hard off the bottom and wait for the bass to hit on the flutter. best way to catch bass when the sun is out high with 95+ degree weather.