PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Day Bass Report...... 10/8

jw4Bassing
10-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Had the holiday off so off to Perris for a day of bass fishing. Got to my 1st spot and started catching fish for the 1st hour or so and all of a sudden, a heavy fog started rolling in and visibility was down to about 50' or so. Couldn't move to my 2nd spot because it was way down the other end so I decided to wait it out and the fog didn't burn out until about 9:30 AM. Finally, I was able to get to my second spot and after metering and marking some activity, it was time to get to work. The first (3) consecutive casts yielded a bite and a fish in the boat. And for the next hour and half or two, it was a fish here and there..... not really "WFO". It was then time for another move which ended up being the last move of the day. The wind picked up and I position my boat for the best angle of retrieve on this "Sweet Spot" and all hell broke loose...... It was just "WFO" and totally insane. So get out there guys because the quality fish are still out there chewing in a very consistent bite and which today, I was able to land a couple of 6 pounders and several 5's. Again, Perris delivered and it was just another fun and spectacular day on the water with gorgeous weather.

Here is (1) photo I took of the two 6's:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/jw4bassing/004-4.jpg

Tight Lines....

JW

FishinMishin
10-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Man! Very nice, thinking of hitting the lake friday you fishing deep?

tagg27
10-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Nice fish. Thanks for the report

lip rippin sob
10-11-2012, 08:13 AM
thanks for keeping the reports coming.glad you have been on em.
sending them back to the depths hurting!
ive been on a great bite my self. no boat tho.
so i gotta pound it out and fish areas thoroughly!

jw4Bassing
10-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Man! Very nice, thinking of hitting the lake friday you fishing deep?

Thanks guys......

"FM"...... No deeper than 25' of water and due to the cooler overnight lows and shorter days we've been getting, the fish are now going into their Fall transition mode to fill themselve's up anticipating for the upcoming cold winter months. So therefore, the fish will contiue to move shallower daily. I hope this info helps and if you are still planning to head out there Friday, "Good Luck" to you.

Tight Lines.....

JW

FishinMishin
10-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Thanks Jw,
I did go friday ended up with 3 bass my biggest was on a frog about 2lbs. Metered fish around 25-30ft but couldn't get them to play. Thanks again for the tip i guess i just need to grind it out to learn what they want.

Fish On!

HawgStalker
10-14-2012, 11:00 AM
Nice man... Slaying some Largies for sure!

Thanks for the report and pics!