PDA

View Full Version : 10-5 report,,, sorta report

cutbait
10-08-2012, 05:13 PM
My Tuna captn had some work done there at Lakeside by Gideon on his Yammy's..

Capn suggested we test run her at the lake and troll... LETS GO!!

So we pick the rig up {26 ft striper} and sure enough problems fixed but the twin engines throttle postions were not in sync...

Keep in mind we arrive and get on the water at 1030 am... We pick up the mechanic "lester" {super cool cat}... work and work on the engines, call for tools, etc..
Long story short, we trolled about 2 hrs, inbetween trouble shooting for one fish... Did make it to the bouy line and OH HELL were they boiling behind it...Water pumpin in like Bob's shorts after his wet dreams... dead shad all over, stripers laughing as they boil in safety...

Water got super rough, 3-4 foot swells,,, no problem for this boat!!! was the smoothest ride I have ever been on that rig! Bass boats had to turn around, everyone else headed in.. but uss!!!!!!!

Putting the boat on the trailer was a snap for the capn,, lifeguards expected some rookies out there and came to help only to walk away acknowledging our skills at trailering in such rough conditions..

I do have a very funny story about this day, though it is about another board member and a good friend.. I cannot tell it without permission from him first. It seems he may be a bit embarrassed... LOL... Come on man, gimme the permission!!!! You know who you are!

Heres some pics..

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2012-10-05_10-29-25_417.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2012-10-05_10-39-21_532.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2012-10-05_12-13-12_541.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2012-10-05_10-37-46_241.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2012-10-05_15-11-02_279.jpg

trail blazer
10-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Get that thing back to MONTERY and get some more tuna!

Heard M/O was out there that day,,,,did you see him:Wink:

TRAIL BLAZER

cutbait
10-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Oh I saw him alright

TroutOnly
10-08-2012, 07:31 PM
only thing pumpin more than that water comin in is you and gary out behind the ole pumphouse up on the duct in the dark,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,

Coefficient13
10-08-2012, 07:41 PM
I was out on the kayak that day. Rough water indeed, lol. Took ages to paddle back in. Got me all grumpy.

Caught 4 lmb, not a single good one. Largest around 2 1/2 and noticed that weather wasn't getting any
Better any time soon.

cutbait
10-08-2012, 07:47 PM
I was out on the kayak that day. Rough water indeed, lol. Took ages to paddle back in. Got me all grumpy.

Caught 4 lmb, not a single good one. Largest around 2 1/2 and noticed that weather wasn't getting any
Better any time soon.

I saw you when we were headed home.

Thought to myself that is one crazy mofo

MikesOcean
10-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Oh I saw him alright

hahahaha ... Go Ahead beeetch! Tell the story! I Still caught feeesh! :) And at least I'm proud to say my boat don't sink! ahhhhhaaaaahhhaaaa Funny Chit!

Ron could chime in too.

wind was blowing....

dk4885
10-08-2012, 09:18 PM
dam nice boat, i want to here the story please tell.LOL

ill be out at san luis tomorrow will post good or bad

cutbait
10-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Ok, so MikesOcean was in contact all day... He was on a slay....

You see the wind waves in the photo's I posted.. 2-3 ft swells atleast...Well as we were monitoring M/O position and success on the troll as we trollers do.. We were around Kong Island with MO up at C point.. I see him headed to the ramp then abruptly 180 back at us directly into the swell...

Oh he hooked up!!! I said!! Cpoint is happening

Then as we troll to the point I see him sorta disappear and reappear between wind waves.. Next thing I see is him headed back to the ramp..

I **** you not his boat looked like this from his 6 oclock position,, keep in mind I'm 1/2 mile away and everything wasn't to clear

No exaggeration it looked like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSufUWimFHM&feature=fvwrel

So we roll up on C point as I watch MO "sail" back to the ramp, thinking WTF is he trimmed down soo much for??

We hit C point and nada, getting late in the day we decide to head in.. I clear the lines and we head in...

STILL MO is not to the dock.. WTF??

We hit the 5 mph bouy and I see Fishinone, the lifeguard and dudes in wetsuits holding onto MO's boat.. WTF??

We roll up and MO's boat has about 2 feet of water in it. Come to find out when he hooked up and 180'ed into the swell he took wave after wave over the bow and was sitting butt deep in water IN HIS BOAT!!!!...

The boat had SOOOOO much water in it the waves were crashing over the bow thru the boat and over the transom...

Some how he managed to turn around and drive back to the dock like this

Look at the **** we saw when we pulled in.. Thats Fishinone and Loweboat on MikesOceans boat

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/swamped2.jpg

Crestiners DO NOT SINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When he pulled the boat on the trailer and out of the water, water rushed outta the boat over the transom, I picked up some other videos of MO on the water I will add later

cutbait
10-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Here is a quick vid of when MikesOcean first got his boat,, needless to say I was a bit leary going fishing with him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylUinWdUKqM&feature=related

cutbait
10-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Wasn't long and he started to get the hang of this boating thing.. Here he is at higher speeds performing donuts in autopilot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsOsaspLY10&feature=related

dk4885
10-08-2012, 09:27 PM
holy crap, im glad you made it beck to the ramp, but you no u will never live this down. the story will go on for years lol

cutbait
10-08-2012, 09:29 PM
I managed to also be there on his first attempts to trailer a boat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1v9xeib9i8&feature=related

cutbait
10-08-2012, 09:44 PM
holy crap, im glad you made it beck to the ramp, but you no u will never live this down. the story will go on for years lol

Ya think???

MikesOcean
10-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Somehow I enjoy the story more when CB tells it! Wasn't so funny when I was out there and thinking about grabbing the life jacket and jumping out! hahahahaha

Whats even more funnier, was a message I had from Trailblazer not even 10 min later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh... he taunted me!!! good fun! Thats what life is made of..... good o'l funny stories!!! Unfortunately the funny story is on me. My bilge pump got all clogged. AND TONS OF WATER WAS COMING IN! OH... and

CB is not exaggerating too muCH! Bow was going straight up!!! Too funny...

Coefficient13
10-09-2012, 08:35 AM
If that was right by the major cove on the right as you travel up the fish arm from the launch, I saw you with your tip straight up doing your impression of a sun dial.

Glad you made it out fine, boat and all.

I took on water landing that day. Worst landing area for kayaks in bad weather around as cement and no sand/heavy slope. Dan jumped in the water to help me out on the direction of the lifeguard, who I had attempted to tell I didn't want help but I couldn't hear him and nobody could hear me with the wind. I gotta thank him proper, pretty cool to get wet helping someone out and the situation had me grumpy in the moment.

I don't seem to be able to get any accurate forecast on what the water is actually going to be like at Castaic, ever. At least I know who got the lifeguards on their toes and nervous, now. Too bad I missed seeing you land. Hope someone has some real pics... you know, for your own personal memorabilia, not for us :)

Try to keep a chest of gold in your boat or something, nobody wants to discover a wreck and only get a little fishing tackle.

cutbait
10-09-2012, 08:51 AM
If that was right by the major cove on the right as you travel up the fish arm from the launch, I saw you with your tip straight up doing your impression of a sun dial.

Glad you made it out fine, boat and all.

I took on water landing that day. Worst landing area for kayaks in bad weather around as cement and no sand/heavy slope. Dan jumped in the water to help me out on the direction of the lifeguard, who I had attempted to tell I didn't want help but I couldn't hear him and nobody could hear me with the wind. I gotta thank him proper, pretty cool to get wet helping someone out and the situation had me grumpy in the moment.

I don't seem to be able to get any accurate forecast on what the water is actually going to be like at Castaic, ever. At least I know who got the lifeguards on their toes and nervous, now. Too bad I missed seeing you land. Hope someone has some real pics... you know, for your own personal memorabilia, not for us :)

Try to keep a chest of gold in your boat or something, nobody wants to discover a wreck and only get a little fishing tackle.

Whatcha talkin bout real pics?

I just posted one

fishinone
10-09-2012, 09:04 AM
This is too funny.

I wasn't watching as MO (read, Modus Operandi) was coming in but I couldn't see him over the bow as he pulled up to the dock. I greeted him as he got out and held the bow off of the dock while he went to get his trailer. I didn't really notice anything until he pulled his trailer out of the water. As the stern came down on the trailer water just flowed over the transom. A little later his bilge pump came on.
lad that Crestliners don't sink
The worst part of all of this is that Dan and I never even got to launch.

Mike had a nice bunch of fish. If it wasn't limits it was close.

P.S. Only one guy had real trouble at the ramp. His boat quit and were fringing his fiberglass hull and motor into the ramp. They seemed afraid of it, that made things worse.

shinbob
10-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Looks like there were a lot of people from this board out on Castaic that day! I was out there in the red Crestliner. Fishing was decent, water level was WAY down, but was able to get 4 LMB in the 1.5 - 2.5 lb range. The winds were making it really tough to maintain position, especially in a high-sided aluminum boat. Shad were up in the coves, but I was doing okay on pearl flukes.

Coefficient, saw you out there in your kayak. You're braver than I would have been, glad you made it back safely. I was actually right behind you in the re-tag line, seemed like they were giving you some trouble about tagging your kayak?

Indeed, the story of the day was in trying to retrieve in the wind and the swells. I spent most of the day in Elizabeth and was shocked when entering the main channel how crazy it was out there. Like the open ocean. Saw some guys bobbing out there in a rental boat, surprised they didn't call them in, but they seemed to be doing okay.

Thank you lifeguards for helping me dock and retrieve, especially as I was solo that day. Props to them, in my experience they are always courteous and professional, and really try to be helpful. They earned their pay that day, that's for sure.

Lifeguards held on to my boat as I ran to get the trailer. Could see the bow pitch up 45 degrees a few times, but the lifeguards managed to hold on. Took a few waves over the transom when putting it on the trailer, water was draining out of the drain hole for like 5 minutes, but everything else was just fine.

So why can't Castaic invest in some wave attenuators? They put the main ramp in the worst possible place on that lake, seems like. But given that it's already there, a breakwater or wave attenuators would help a lot. After getting my boat out of the water, watched some retrievals for a while. Saw a wakeboarder almost got sideways against the ramp, you could see that he was really freaked out, but the lifeguards guided him onto his trailer and all ended fine.

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-09-2012, 10:35 AM
only thing pumpin more than that water comin in is you and gary out behind the ole pumphouse up on the duct in the dark,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,

aWWWW....bOBBY...U jealeous we didn't invite ???

Coefficient13
10-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Coefficient, saw you out there in your kayak. You're braver than I would have been, glad you made it back safely. I was actually right behind you in the re-tag line, seemed like they were giving you some trouble about tagging your kayak?

We were trying to work on the manner in which my kayak could be tagged. I wanted to give it a go since I got water and junk in it due to the waves. Wasn't set up to tag it at the moment :( so gotta wash and all that the whole dang thing.

Gotta figure out how to get it tagged before I can go roof mount on the Pontiac G6 and get rid of the SUV. It's been a pain managing the kayak this year.

I didn't think those waves gave boaters all that much trouble, since I was yaking it.

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Ok, so MikesOcean was in contact all day... He was on a slay....

You see the wind waves in the photo's I posted.. 2-3 ft swells atleast...Well as we were monitoring M/O position and success on the troll as we trollers do.. We were around Kong Island with MO up at C point.. I see him headed to the ramp then abruptly 180 back at us directly into the swell...

Oh he hooked up!!! I said!! Cpoint is happening

Then as we troll to the point I see him sorta disappear and reappear between wind waves.. Next thing I see is him headed back to the ramp..

I **** you not his boat looked like this from his 6 oclock position,, keep in mind I'm 1/2 mile away and everything wasn't to clear

No exaggeration it looked like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSufUWimFHM&feature=fvwrel

So we roll up on C point as I watch MO "sail" back to the ramp, thinking WTF is he trimmed down soo much for??

We hit C point and nada, getting late in the day we decide to head in.. I clear the lines and we head in...

STILL MO is not to the dock.. WTF??

We hit the 5 mph bouy and I see Fishinone, the lifeguard and dudes in wetsuits holding onto MO's boat.. WTF??

We roll up and MO's boat has about 2 feet of water in it. Come to find out when he hooked up and 180'ed into the swell he took wave after wave over the bow and was sitting butt deep in water IN HIS BOAT!!!!...

The boat had SOOOOO much water in it the waves were crashing over the bow thru the boat and over the transom...

Some how he managed to turn around and drive back to the dock like this

Look at the **** we saw when we pulled in.. Thats Fishinone and Loweboat on MikesOceans boat

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/swamped2.jpg

Crestiners DO NOT SINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When he pulled the boat on the trailer and out of the water, water rushed outta the boat over the transom, I picked up some other videos of MO on the water I will add later

BUT...where are the poles????? not in the water.....MAYBE on the dock ????? (inside joke)

Laughing so hard I got tears....I'm not kidding !

cutbait
10-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Maybe lost and found?

Maybe the rods are there?

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-10-2012, 04:24 PM
maybe lost and found?

Maybe the rods are there?

maybe lost

then

found

MikesOcean
10-10-2012, 06:13 PM
maybe lost

then

found

I AM INDEED ONE LUCKY MOFO!!!

Thx to an honest jet skiier who turned em in to the lifeguards! That would have been thousands lost!