PDA

View Full Version : Burned yet again at Perris 10/8 HELP!

kjwright8
10-08-2012, 01:04 PM
So I went to the lake today to see if I coukd break out if my bad luck. Figured the water temp was great which I overheard was 76°. So i started off fishing the cove near the boat launch from the ramp. Tried little of everything, jerkbait, texas rigged craw ( got two new packages of the gene larew rattlin crawler), droo shot with silver/black robo, jig head with white long tailed, chatterbait, etc... nothing.
I move over to the damn by the second ramp, try the same stuff and thrn some.
over all lost two texas rigged rattlin crawlers.
I watched two guys catch two iff the point right if the marina.
I feel highly discouraged and feel like I just suck at fishing.
Anyone else go? Or anyone got any advice for a shore fisherman.

Pete Marino
10-08-2012, 05:08 PM
The best advise I can give you is to spend a day on the lake with me and youll have Perris wired for this time of year!! The bite is wide open but if you dont know the where and the how it can be extremely tough... I can fix that for you..
If a guide trip isnt in the cards for you then just think deep water and youll be closer then you are now..
Im crushing them out there right now... I can show you the ins and outs of Perris and dial you in!!!

Pete

PeteMarinoGuideService.com

kjwright8
10-09-2012, 01:22 AM
Thanks Mr Marino
Unfortunately as a poor college student im limuted to shoreline. I tried moving to deeperparts by the damn, just no luck. I noticed all the boats were crammed in one spot when the fog let up. Maybe when funds increase ill take you up on that guided tour.
Thanks again

Natural Lefty
10-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Kj, I was finally cleared to go fishing by my wife who is my personal nurse one might say, after having viral tonsilitis, eye and ear infections, etc. practically the entire month of September. Yesterday was not a holiday for me, but I was able to go to Perris Lake in the afternoon. It felt good to be fishing again. For that matter, it feels good to feel good again.

You might be interested to know that I did see a Bass fisherman catch a 4-5 pound bass from the rightmost dock in the launch ramp. I was fishing there too, and caught 2 Redears and 4 Bluegills, but nothing big. Then I ran out of bait and they wouldn't hit flies. Otherwise, I would have caught more fish.

Anyway, it is possible to catch fish from shore, docks or piers there. Have you considered fishing for panfish there, KJ? I fish Perris many times per year, and haven't been skunked in almost 2 years, fishing for panfish mainly. There are almost always some biting if you know what you are doing.

I went to the marina later, people gave me a bunch of crickets, but the fish weren't biting much on them. It was much slower than usual at the marina docks, but people using waxworms near shore were having some luck with Bluegills. The teenager I met yesterday, Abel, said that somebody had caught some large Crappie earlier from the $10 hole in the boathouse, so there was some decent action going on yesterday. For me, the launch ramp was better than the marina yesterday, but you can virtually always find some fish in the marina, KJ.

kjwright8
10-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Funny you should mention that cause Ive been thinking about doing some crappie fishing. I just look at panfishing as something I did a s a kid cause I couldn't catch anything big, now im older and want a big fish on a kids budget lol

Natural Lefty
10-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Some Crappie are pretty nice size, but not like Bass get. I wouldn't recommend trying to catch them at Perris though, unless you have a floating device and know their hangouts. They are kind of scarce there but they are found in certain spots, or if you get lucky. Redears pull hard for their size and grow large for sunfish. Try catching them on 2 pound line. The bass fisherman I saw catch the big momma on Monday fishes tournaments, and was saying he wished he would have caught it during a tournament. He took photos of it then released it. He caught it on some sort of plastic, just a little ways away from where I was fishing.

Locally, I find Puddingstone, Big Bear and sometimes Silverwood or Elsinore good for Crappie, and Gregory a sure thing in late spring/early summer for a bunch of small Crappie.

smokehound
10-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Sending PM, OP!

Sublime-Steve
10-13-2012, 07:30 AM
yo dude i was there from shore as well and started nailing them @ the police docks near the boat lunch 3 bass n 3 cast's way out in the middle of no where id say its like 20 ft on a drop shot with a half oz weight got 1 under the boat. hit up all the docks and structure you can find though