PDA

View Full Version : Castaic report for 10/7 and questions on the lake

flyhigh123
10-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Hit castaic on sunday early, and rented a boat. Went out the the back of the ski arm, but didn't see any boil, so i decided to troll. It was a tough day, and didn't see a single boil. This is the second time in 2 weeks i've gone and not seen a single boil.

My friend and I were able to catch 4 fish on the troll. All the fish were about 2 pounders.

Seems like the bite has died.

This is the first year i've fished castaic and for stripers, so i'm relatively new.

Is this normal about this time of year that the bite slows down? When does the bite pick back up? What happened to all the larger stripers? I asked a lot of people who fished on the boats as well, but seems like its just been tough. Even reading TO's reports he too said its been tough.

Is this a short slow down, or is this standard?

Thanks!

TroutOnly
10-08-2012, 01:58 PM
major water drop and a touch of a full moon,,,,the hot weather leaves and the good bite will come back, the fall is the best bite of the year for stripers,,,,,,,,,

olfishergal
10-08-2012, 05:01 PM
What TO said

Ambassadorhawg
10-08-2012, 05:11 PM
I agree with what TO says as well. Fall is when the air temps begin to drop, the water temp cools and the bait moves shallow. The Stripers follow the bait. It's only going to get better. This is just the start.

flyhigh123
10-08-2012, 05:53 PM
major water drop and a touch of a full moon,,,,the hot weather leaves and the good bite will come back, the fall is the best bite of the year for stripers,,,,,,,,,

hey TO! thanks for the info. I was hoping to see you on sunday at the lake :D

I've been honing in my lesson i learned from you. If I get another chance to take out a client, i'll let you know!