PDA

View Full Version : seal beach pier 10/07

reelgurlzfish
10-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Here are the photo worthy catches of the day. Also caught a handful of lizard fish. Good times !

SP Dan
10-08-2012, 02:19 AM
A very nice variety pack of species!
Did your hali measure out to a legal size?
At 0900 hrs at the AO I fished on Sunday, the SNGF bite exploded, landed one every 2nd or 3rd cast. What fun!

Thanx for sharing your report with pic's! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

Sir.Snags.A.Lot
10-08-2012, 04:44 AM
Nice job out there! Been meaning to hit Seal's pier for a while now but haven't had the time to go out.

Which Way Out
10-08-2012, 06:31 AM
You did better than me this weekend. Never even got close to the water...:Sad:

Thanks for sharing
WWO

reelgurlzfish
10-08-2012, 10:09 AM
A very nice variety pack of species!
Did your hali measure out to a legal size?
At 0900 hrs at the AO I fished on Sunday, the SNGF bite exploded, landed one every 2nd or 3rd cast. What fun!

Thanx for sharing your report with pic's! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))>< had to have been fun with the shovel bite goin off ! The Hali only measured around 10". Haven't caught a legal yet. One day. ....

reelgurlzfish
10-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Nice job out there! Been meaning to hit Seal's pier for a while now but haven't had the time to go out.

The bite everywhere I've been has been sooooo slow. This was my best visit to SB to date. :-D

reelgurlzfish
10-08-2012, 10:15 AM
You did better than me this weekend. Never even got close to the water...:Sad:

Thanks for sharing
WWO

I am religious about going every weekend . Sat and Sun :-D benefit of being not being married and no kids lol. And living so close to do many fishin holes , fresh and salt .

Sir.Snags.A.Lot
10-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Have you ever fished the jetty on ocean and first street? I have caught a decent amount of halibut down there. Most of them are infants but I have taken home a couple legals. Of course, releasing my PB. I found that I liked the tradition that S.W.A.T. has created with that.

reelgurlzfish
10-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Have you ever fished the jetty on ocean and first street? I have caught a decent amount of halibut down there. Most of them are infants but I have taken home a couple legals. Of course, releasing my PB. I found that I liked the tradition that S.W.A.T. has created with that.

I have not been there yet but thanks for the tip. Heard good things about the 72nd st jetty in LB and have been there a few times. My friend pulled a shortie but nothing for me yet. .... Sorry what does PB mean? :-P

bassfishing24/7
10-09-2012, 03:33 PM
I have not been there yet but thanks for the tip. Heard good things about the 72nd st jetty in LB and have been there a few times. My friend pulled a shortie but nothing for me yet. .... Sorry what does PB mean? :-P
Personnal Best ;)

reelgurlzfish
10-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Personnal Best ;)

Aha ! Thanks. I'm a newbie to alot of the terms used ;)

Sir.Snags.A.Lot
10-09-2012, 06:19 PM
If you do happen to try it out, lemme know. The halibuts there happen to like red a lot. Not really sure why but that's what i get bit on most of the time. Also, low tide allows you to walk into the jetty and fish the sand bar there.

reelgurlzfish
10-14-2012, 05:37 PM

So I tried out 1st and ocean in Saturday. I'm like Bambi on ice when it comes to rocks so I just crawled over the rocks and waded. At low tide I was able to walk out 25' give or take, and didn't get knee deep. And I'm pretty damn short lol is there any stockings off on that side of the jetty ? I did see a couple fish jump , but no bites. Guessing you prob fished down the jetty more and not on the beach? ?