PDA

View Full Version : N. Malibu 10/6/12

peanutbutter
10-06-2012, 09:35 PM
I wanted to try my luck with the lc in pursuit of a hali ,threw the lc for about 10 minutes when i see my line start to spin and spin, finally if the line would go slack it would knot itself up ,why? threw for about an hour more and gave up for the white stripe

p.s. i have a spinning setup

SP Dan
10-06-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm not certain of your gear problems but at least you are getting out there in the salt.
Problems always seem to have a way of working them selves out.
That large hali is still out there waiting on you!

Thanx for your report. :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

murrieta angler
10-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Howdy Jean,
Not quite sure what you mean about the spinning part..:???:
If you are still having that problem, come the 20th, we'll get it taken care of...:Smile:
Robert
<><

SpearAndKayakFisherman
10-07-2012, 09:24 AM
I had that happen to me while I was out kayak fishing. Ended up pulling all that line off the moment I hit land.

peanutbutter
10-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Howdy Jean,
Not quite sure what you mean about the spinning part..:???:
If you are still having that problem, come the 20th, we'll get it taken care of...:Smile:
Robert
<><
hey robert i ment spinning reel with the clarus and #6 test

CaliButts
10-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Sounds like some bad line twist you have. Could be the line your using or how it was loaded on the spool. What line are you using? Did you load it yourself or have it done in the tackle shop?

City Dad
10-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Also, cranking a spinning reel against a slipping drag will twist your line up. As will certain in-line spinners is used without a swivel.

Wingnut
10-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Hey Jean, sounds like a bad line twist problem. Throwing the LC will not create line twist unless you're doing something drastically wrong. :Idea:
Bring a spool of line to HG4, we'll show you how to put it on your reel the correct way to prevent line twist. We'll get you straightened out... literally, lol :Wink:

See you and the family on the 20th. :Cool:

peanutbutter
10-08-2012, 05:05 PM
i loaded it by my self used 6# test trilene