PDA

View Full Version : TroutfesT

LunkerLover
10-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Anyone else joining the group of about 1,000 anglers?
We'll be there.... 18'center console/blue bimini top.

See y'all at the Observatory!

JAG107
10-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Saw this thread too late. I was there, look for my report later. How was your bait bite over there at the observatory? Saw a ton of boats there Sunday.

DrePSP
10-09-2012, 07:15 PM
it was hard fishing. cought few but nothing like I am used. great prizes, didnt get lucky. think they should go lighter on prizes, so more people have a chance. instead of rod/reel and tackle box, split it that up. but what ever.
Also rules need to be sent to us in the mail prior tournament. I thought that was lame.

JAG107
10-10-2012, 05:25 PM
I agree Dre. 900 anglers with what, 10 or 15 raffle prizes? The prizes for the top 5 places weren't all that great either. Why don't they have cash for the top 5? Really the only money went to guys who got lucky with blind bogey weights.
Where did all the money go from entry fees? I figure they pulled in about 62k (assuming 700 adults, 200 kids), not including any late signup fees. They gave $13k to MWD, gave out a little less than $5k in blind bogey, they didnt give away a truck, the sea eagle was donated by panther martin and sea eagle, sport chalet donated their goods, and I'm sure they didn't pay much, if anything for the raffle prizes they gave out from the sponsors. Am I missing something here?