PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake -UNDER THE STARS - Night Fishing Sat Oct 27th

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-04-2012, 02:27 PM
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/pyramdlakeflyerTOPRINTfullsize_8_10_FINAL10-4-12.jpg

Night Fishing at Lake Pyramid Saturday October 27th (This month)

Go get ‘em guys : ) NIGHT FISHING Iz ON !

Nightime iz the RIGHTIME : )

SHORE Fishing IS allowed this time in designated areas.

Gary

Coefficient13
10-04-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm in. Better get my lights out to check on. Kayak night fishing time.

Glad it's soon.

BuzzBait
10-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Ooooooooh! We'll be there!

socalbassboy
10-04-2012, 06:56 PM
what if you just come with a car? is it still $24?

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-05-2012, 09:11 AM
what if you just come with a car? is it still $24?

I beleive it's 11 dollars per car....same as castaic

trollmiester
10-05-2012, 12:22 PM
man ist carmagedean and now the same day as king of cats tournment, hope we make it to the next event.

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-09-2012, 10:29 AM
LET'S GET THIS NIGHTIME THING GOING strong !

Coefficient13
10-09-2012, 12:30 PM
I should have my deep diving jerkbaits by then, though not in the night fishing colors I had hopes for, these fish will have to take what they get.

Let's rock a pool by the front gate.

Cutbait will be checking coolers for Crappie contraband due to recent events, so make sure those coolers are clean and dry :ROFL:

Last event I made coffee for all and couldn't pawn off a single cup, so I'll leave it at home. I hear that glow stick liquid is energy packed in a pinch, though.

I'll post this elsewhere, gotta get a good turn out so there are many more next year.

Let's get the list going? I'll assume you two are in...

1. The Steel
2. Coefficient
3. Buzzbait
4. Bassboy

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-09-2012, 01:41 PM
I should have my deep diving jerkbaits by then, though not in the night fishing colors I had hopes for, these fish will have to take what they get.

Cutbait will be checking coolers for Crappie contraband due to recent events, so make sure those coolers are clean and dry :ROFL:

Last event I made coffee for all and couldn't pawn off a single cup, so I'll leave it at home. I hear that glow stick liquid is energy packed in a pinch, though.

I'll post this elsewhere, gotta get a good turn out so there are many more next year.

1. The Steel
2. Coefficient
3. Buzzbait
4. Bassboy

Nicely said : )

I'll remind everyone that if they want to see this turn into a regular thing then YOU'LL NEED to SHOW UP...the lake is making change to help us anglers and it's now up to US to keep it going....

socalbassboy
10-09-2012, 04:46 PM
are boat rentals going to be available?

dk4885
10-09-2012, 05:32 PM
1. The Steel
2. Coefficient
3. Buzzbait
4. Bassboy
5. dk4885
6. andrew aka bob marley

cutbait
10-09-2012, 07:20 PM

1. The Steel
2. Coefficient
3. Buzzbait
4. Bassboy

HAHA, I call it "invasive Crappie"... I know that sucka didn't come from no P mid!!!

Dude had I known you had Coffee, I'd a drank the last drop.. No Monster for Cbait,, I get spun out on that ****...

Bako Boys are without a boat for the event...

Mine isn't ready and TB's got a new boat comin.. Kinda sad that rig was a striper killin machine

dk4885
10-09-2012, 07:25 PM
HAHA, I call it "invasive Crappie"... I know that sucka didn't come from no P mid!!!

Dude had I known you had Coffee, I'd a drank the last drop.. No Monster for Cbait,, I get spun out on that ****...

Bako Boys are without a boat for the event...

Mine isn't ready and TB's got a new boat comin.. Kinda sad that rig was a striper killin machine

hopp on with me show me how to fish these fish at night. thats the next lesson i need

socalbassboy
10-09-2012, 08:00 PM
a fine pyramid specimen if i do say so myself

TroutOnly
10-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Im bustin out the bait lights for this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

trail blazer
10-10-2012, 05:26 AM
battel ship/xps5000.:Wink:,,,,,,,,,200 feet:Secret:

cutbait
10-10-2012, 05:48 AM
battel ship/xps5000.:Wink:,,,,,,,,,200 feet:Secret:

cats outta the bag now,,, there ya go again

Coefficient13
10-10-2012, 09:43 AM

If they are available, I imagine you still need to get the lights, and it can be a bit awkward trying to hook those things up to something the first time. I'd call or whatever and find out quick, if this is your plan, so you can find an easy solution.

dk4885
10-10-2012, 11:20 AM

if they do i have lights u can use they just clamp on and run on AAA battery

socalbassboy
10-10-2012, 03:43 PM
idk if ill be able to go...i wish it was an all night deal

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-10-2012, 04:02 PM
idk if ill be able to go...i wish it was an all night deal

Ur not gonna find better night hours...less U go to San Antonio

Those hours are better than anything else going on for night fishing....

U wanted SHORELINE....U got SHORELINE.....Go beat dem feeshees up bruthaman....

I hope your not afraid of the dark : )

socalbassboy
10-10-2012, 08:29 PM
man i know 1 thing for sure..the catfish are gunna be on the chew at the canal

cutbait
10-11-2012, 06:00 AM
man i know 1 thing for sure..the catfish are gunna be on the chew at the canal

Here we go?

More flippin catfish at a striper event..

:Rolls Eyes:

At this point Trailblazer and I are the only non catfish bringer inners to the dock at any of these get togethers...

I know, I know this isn't an official striper event, but to be darned I'm haulin in some kitties..

Sooo?? will there be a trout plant or two before this event?? :Big Grin:

dk4885
10-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Here we go?

At this point Trailblazer and I are the only non catfish bringer inners to the dock at any of these get togethers...

I know, I know this isn't an official striper event, but to be darned I'm haulin in some kitties..

no kittys here im after striper blood,

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Here we go?

If they are big fat pig kittty's...

THEYRE Gonna DIE !

I don't play favorites...if it's a pig....ITS GONNA DIE!

cutbait
10-11-2012, 12:33 PM
So what's the trout plant status? :Big Grin:

Coefficient13
10-11-2012, 12:51 PM
they accidentally brought us crappie, instead, I hear.

dk4885
10-15-2012, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=Coefficient13;633171]they accidentally brought us crappie, instead, I hear.[/QUOT

1. The Steel
2. Coefficient
3. Buzzbait
4. Bassboy
5. dk4885
6. andrew aka bob marley

is this it theres got to be more going than this.

come on bako boys get the battle ship out of mothball,

Coefficient13
10-15-2012, 09:03 PM
I posted it on Facebook and another fishing site. All do the same?

The lake isn't really haunted, folks. No need to worry about night fishing with the g-g-ghosts!

For those that missed the last one, it was a hoot, and a unique fishing experience. It's a fun thing to do and unlike any other events you can sign up for.

cutbait
10-16-2012, 02:54 AM
[QUOTE=Coefficient13;633171]they accidentally brought us crappie, instead, I hear.[/QUOT

1. The Steel
2. Coefficient
3. Buzzbait
4. Bassboy
5. dk4885
6. andrew aka bob marley

is this it theres got to be more going than this.

come on bako boys get the battle ship out of mothball,

You don't understand, the Bako Boys just don't advertise a party barge like the Bako Battleship being towed 50 miles for a night event! Women would flock to the dashing looks of the Bako boys and word would quickly get out amongst the female community and before you'd know it, we'd have a harem of women onboard.

One does not advertise the possibilty of the battleship and its occupants of such high levels of masculinity to the general public, our rockstar fishing skills would preceed us. Been there done that, and movies have been made because of it

Coefficient13
10-16-2012, 07:12 AM
You don't understand, the Bako Boys just don't advertise a party barge like the Bako Battleship being towed 50 miles for a night event! Women would flock to the dashing looks of the Bako boys and word would quickly get out amongst the female community and before you'd know it, we'd have a harem of women onboard.

One does not advertise the possibilty of the battleship and its occupants of such high levels of masculinity to the general public, our rockstar fishing skills would preceed us. Been there done that, and movies have been made because of it

We understand. I think this is actually what we were all assuming.

That it was being kept secret so it could just be a boat of dashingly dressed manly men taking a leisurely boat cruise under a starry sky.

DEVOREFLYER
10-16-2012, 07:25 AM
We understand. I think this is actually what we were all assuming.

That it was being kept secret so it could just be a boat of dashingly dressed manly men taking a leisurely boat cruise under a starry sky.

Oh no they aren't Metrosexual are they, say it isn't so!:Secret:

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Oh no they aren't Metrosexual are they, say it isn't so!:Secret:

tHERE DEFINITELY not METRO..... something else that cannot be said here in a friendly enviroment....

Let's just say they are banned in at least 7 states

and those women (term used LOOSELY)

the 2 toothed wonders (keepers in oildale) flock to them as they need some dental work and they offer the use of their dental plan with each battleBarge cruise.....flashing mirror balls and spandex speedos are NOT my idea of a good fishing time...rave on the water is OK but let's get a few women with a full set of teeth...and I don't mean the wooden ones.......

DEVOREFLYER
10-16-2012, 10:05 AM
It's not about that thing with the goat is it?:EyePop:

Coefficient13
10-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Still, they do bring up a good point. The night fishing event could be considered kinda romantic.

You could use the event as an opportunity to take your significant others out on your boat for a starlit meal. :LOL:

This event has something for all.

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-16-2012, 10:14 AM
It's not about that thing with the goat is it?:EyePop:

why U interested? I am told that they have a moonlight special including farm animals : ) (the bakonians)

(sorry brutha....couldn't resist going there...U had to be the brunt of the joke)

DEVOREFLYER
10-16-2012, 11:06 AM
I was only interested cuz I know a guy with a goat and could bring if ya ain't got one handy in case those Oildale ladies don't show up. You know "Just in case".:Envious:

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-16-2012, 11:40 AM
I was only interested cuz I know a guy with a goat and could bring if ya ain't got one handy in case those Oildale ladies don't show up. You know "Just in case".:Envious:

cud be a lucritive business if the oildaler's show up....anything for a buck....call it a petting zoo...

"Heavy petting" zoo

DEVOREFLYER
10-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Animal House with a twist I would guess. A buck I thought they wuz 25 cents, damn inflation!!

flyhigh123
10-16-2012, 12:20 PM
if they had rentals, i'd be down!

DEVOREFLYER
10-16-2012, 12:52 PM
I heard they rent by the hour but some members would have a lot of left over time on their hands. Just say'n.

cutbait
10-16-2012, 04:11 PM
I will have a rebuttal later tonight, but my reply now to the quality of women in question is...

Any port in a storm

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-16-2012, 04:37 PM
I will have a rebuttal later tonight, but my reply now to the quality of women in question is...

Any port in a storm

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/Clueless.jpg

I guess U could claim ...well....how do I say it....

One would guess U'll say: " I thought it was legal in this state!"

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Ringling brothers and bako and baily's barnyard bass fishing

DEVOREFLYER
10-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Ignorance is not a legal defence in a court of law, just say'n.

FishinGame
10-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Boat rentals will NOT be available for this event.... Insurance / liability issues....

ALSO- A few people have inquired about coming early for the event and staying from noon til midnight...
>> All vehicles in the facility will be asked to exit at 5pm - and gates will reopen at 6pm... Entry fees for the night event are separate from normal Day Use fees. Unfortunately- Annual Passes will not be honored.

The water is lookin better every day... loving these cool temps.

DEVOREFLYER
10-16-2012, 07:35 PM
No boat rental, oh my bad, I thought they were talkin' about rentin' the Oildale ladies, oops!!!:Envious:

trail blazer
10-17-2012, 06:38 AM
WOW,,,,,,,,,,,,Such animosity from our JEALOUS fnn brethren ,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,Not to worry people,,THE BAKO BOYS are ABOVE all the jabs from the masses,,,,,,,,,,,and GARY,,Dont worry bro,WE LUB YA no matter what,,,,,,no need to get defensive my brother,,,,

Hay,,,,,,,,,,D,FLR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Didnt see your name on the list,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lotta talk no action,,,LOLOL

As for the rest of the LITTLE PEOPLE,,,,,,,Maby we should ask double A how the last night event went,,,,,speaking of catch ratios amoungst partisipants,,he was there i beleive,, SLAYING,,,,,,,,,,o wait,,,,,,,,,,gary was there,lol,,,,,,,,,,,Maby ask HIRO,,,,,,He was there,,,,,,,,,,,,ooooooooo THATS right!!!!!,,,,,,,,,ya alll gOT SCHOOL,D by the BAKO BOY/AA ,,,striper junkie boat,,BIG TIME,,,,,,,,,,,,

Start talking night event and every body gets all jittery at the posibility of yet another BAKO BEAT DOWN,,,Ya all gotta quit looking at it like that,,,,,,,,Were here to help you all,,,,,,,,just look at GARY,,,,,,,,Look what we did for him,,4t#r out of the BAKO duct,lol:Neener Neener:,,,,,,and we will continue to be here for him

FNN ROCKS!

TRAIL BLAZER

trail blazer
10-17-2012, 06:50 AM
Boat rentals will NOT be available for this event.... Insurance / liability issues....

ALSO- A few people have inquired about coming early for the event and staying from noon til midnight...
>> All vehicles in the facility will be asked to exit at 5pm - and gates will reopen at 6pm... Entry fees for the night event are separate from normal Day Use fees. Unfortunately- Annual Passes will not be honored.

Thanks for the heads up F and G,,,,,,,,,,,,WELCOME ABOARD!,,,,,,,,

Double A
10-17-2012, 07:19 AM
WOW,,,,,,,,,,,,Such animosity from our JEALOUS fnn brethren ,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,Not to worry people,,THE BAKO BOYS are ABOVE all the jabs from the masses,,,,,,,,,,,and GARY,,Dont worry bro,WE LUB YA no matter what,,,,,,no need to get defensive my brother,,,,

Hay,,,,,,,,,,D,FLR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Didnt see your name on the list,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lotta talk no action,,,LOLOL

As for the rest of the LITTLE PEOPLE,,,,,,,Maby we should ask double A how the last night event went,,,,,speaking of catch ratios amoungst partisipants,,he was there i beleive,, SLAYING,,,,,,,,,,o wait,,,,,,,,,,gary was there,lol,,,,,,,,,,,Maby ask HIRO,,,,,,He was there,,,,,,,,,,,,ooooooooo THATS right!!!!!,,,,,,,,,ya alll gOT SCHOOL,D by the BAKO BOY/AA ,,,striper junkie boat,,BIG TIME,,,,,,,,,,,,

Start talking night event and every body gets all jittery at the posibility of yet another BAKO BEAT DOWN,,,Ya all gotta quit looking at it like that,,,,,,,,Were here to help you all,,,,,,,,just look at GARY,,,,,,,,Look what we did for him,,4t#r out of the BAKO duct,lol:Neener Neener:,,,,,,and we will continue to be here for him

FNN ROCKS!

TRAIL BLAZER
I'll be there,,, honing my super tuper top secret Bako night time stripey techniques

Coefficient13
10-17-2012, 07:28 AM

Looks like you folks desiring rentals should rent a kayak :) There are probably some places to get ones that could accept clip lights, etc.

I notified a few more folks last night, they're not on the board, but the conversations might help pull in a few more participants.

Edit: rent kayaks as in from another venue and bring them up, not rent them at Pyramid.

cutbait
10-17-2012, 07:47 AM
I'll be there,,, honing my super tuper top secret Bako night time stripey techniques
I believe you owe FNN a honeymoon Marlin report!

Double A
10-17-2012, 07:53 AM
I believe you owe FNN a honeymoon Marlin report!

The honeymoon is on-going ; )

I'll try to work in that report tonite

DEVOREFLYER
10-17-2012, 08:27 AM
As much as I would like to attend and personally meet the Bako boys and enjoy the camaraderie of this esteemed group I must wus out. The reasons are many: never fished for stripers before, never night fished before on a lake, never had my boat on the water at night, it’s past my bed time (old guy), can’t get a permission slip from my wife to go out with the boys at night anymore (she still remembers my younger years). I do read with great relish the good times and adventures (Oildale ladies excepted) that the Bako boys have and the non photoshopped pics of the feesh they catch. I will continue to lurk in the background and wish you luck in your adventures and hope to book a trip in the future with TO to learn the tricks to catchin’ them line sides. If I can get over the learning curve and get a permission from my wife perhaps I can bring the “Redneck Rocketship” and participate next time. Maybe she will let me go next time if I take her with me, you don't hit on old ladies do ya, that could get real ugly.

cutbait
10-17-2012, 08:52 AM
As much as I would like to attend and personally meet the Bako boys and enjoy the camaraderie of this esteemed group I must wus out. The reasons are many: never fished for stripers before, never night fished before on a lake, never had my boat on the water at night, it’s past my bed time (old guy), can’t get a permission slip from my wife to go out with the boys at night anymore (she still remembers my younger years). I do read with great relish the good times and adventures (Oildale ladies excepted) that the Bako boys have and the non photoshopped pics of the feesh they catch. I will continue to lurk in the background and wish you luck in your adventures and hope to book a trip in the future with TO to learn the tricks to catchin’ them line sides. If I can get over the learning curve and get a permission from my wife perhaps I can bring the “Redneck Rocketship” and participate next time. Maybe she will let me go next time if I take her with me, you don't hit on old ladies do ya, that could get real ugly.

Devo, Im going to take that as a yes to your attendance at the next striper event Gary or Bob throws. Ill hound ya and remind ya.

Regarding the limitied striper experience,,, all I can say is I bet you still will beat the catfish bringer inners to the scale, Aka bait ******.... (sorry Ron).

DEVOREFLYER
10-17-2012, 09:00 AM
cutbait I would be honored to come next time if you would be my back seater and show me the ropes. I don't have limited striper experiance I have NO striper experience, none, none, none.

trail blazer
10-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Thats it DV,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Soon you,l be our guest on a slay day!

cutbait
10-17-2012, 12:02 PM
cutbait I would be honored to come next time if you would be my back seater and show me the ropes. I don't have limited striper experiance I have NO striper experience, none, none, none.

No doubt but with all due respect to your boat, you'll be the back seated guest on our rig.

Regarding bass boats vs highly tuned striper killin rigs we have.. You'll understand when your onboard.

I had a 88 champion pushing 65mph and quickly saw that it was a terrible striper platform

fishinone
10-18-2012, 07:40 AM
Devo, Im going to take that as a yes to your attendance at the next striper event Gary or Bob throws. Ill hound ya and remind ya.

Regarding the limitied striperexperience,,, all I can say is I bet you still will beat the catfish bringinners to the scale, Aka bait ******.... (sorry Ron).

It's OK cutbait. I can't even come to this one and yet-, you fear me!:-)

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-18-2012, 10:08 AM
It's OK cutbait. I can't even come to this one and yet-, you fear me!:-)

I gott'sa 20 bucks dat say CB fears me.....for 20 bucks : )

dk4885
10-20-2012, 10:25 AM
1. The Steel
2. Coefficient
3. Buzzbait
4. Bassboy

sorry guys the fresno boys wont make this one. change of plans for us im sure you will understand. we will instead be headed to the delta to target salmon and some of those delta DD stripers. 2 day trip. maybe go for the trifecta and get a dino while were at it. see you at the next event.

this ones for you trail blazer

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd520/dk4885/Fresno-20120821-00169.jpg
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd520/dk4885/Fresno-20120821-00170.jpg

socalbassboy
10-20-2012, 02:16 PM
1. The Steel
2. Coefficient
3. Buzzbait
i cant make it either...i just found out my dad will be working that day...bummer...oh well good luck everyone!

trail blazer
10-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Best REPLY iv ever seen DK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Its abought time!:Big Grin:

NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

TRAIL BLAZER

JigStop
10-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Add TunaCommander and TunaSlayer

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Add TunaCommander and TunaSlayer

1. The Steel
2. Coefficient
3. Buzzbait
4.TunaCommander
5.Tunaslayer

Please note everyone, though it is not a requirement to sign up for this night fishing event, we kindly ask that you do....please copy and paste the list with your name...I cannot be maintaining this list..

I find it hard to believe that there is only 5 peep’s planning on attending this event.

WE MUST SHOW UP IN FORCE TO MAKE THIS A SUCCESS OTHERWISE THE LAKE WILL NOT OFFER THIS TO US….

This is an official LAKE event ...

This is put on solely by the lakes management to benefit all of us anglers…

If we don’t make the showing then how can you expect them to continue to give us the wonderful option of fishing at night…

It’s all in our hands whether or not these night fishing events continue….

Don’t expect to think….”oh….maybe I’ll go to the next one” cause there may not be another one if it isn’t a good turnout..

It’s all in our hands as anglers at this point…

I hope you all show up…

Hope to see you there

Coefficient13
10-22-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm now missing family time for this. So I will have to make some striper miss family time permanently to even the score.

Washed the kayak, got my sweet new tackle box rack mounted, just need to devise a quick release strap. Can hold four of the huge plano adjustable boxes or large waterproof guys. Then hopefully the lights work as they're not at home now.

Just called the dfg plantings hotline to check for Piru creek, and it said pyramid is getting a plant this week, BTW. No mention of the creek :(

I thought you had to drop off the money to the pool you woulda entered if you bail on the event :) something something bylaws of whatever year...

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Just called the dfg plantings hotline to check for Piru creek, and it said pyramid is getting a plant this week,

Ohhhhh YEAH....this is good news...

Those stripers should hammer them trout..

Just got amped up hearin that..

I called too...yes Pyramid is scheduled to be stocked this week....

So saturday night the stripers should be ringin tha' dinna bell

Trout stocking #(562) 594-7268

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Confirmed...trout HAVE BEEN STOCKED 1,975 lbs

I'm working on some other details which may be very good news but I am awaiting more intel....more to follow later today

Coefficient13
10-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Nodz, good news indeed, though plant a bit soon for our party. Not familiar with their plant location. This by main ramp or the next cove up by that shallow stretch, or elsewhere?

Looks like another windy one... I'mma be in the cove, lol, for some reason I've had those hand of god gusts of wind following me around lately, don't need that hour and a half paddle back to landing in a short night event.

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Things to bring:

Warm clothes

Lights
Boat or not –
be sure if ur bringing ur boat that the running lights are functional, that consists of:

ALL Around light (white –on the stern)
Running light (Nav light –green/red)

Fishing lights if U have them (i.e. submersible)

As many cans of woop-arse that U can muster….

Wooooo-hooo

Somethin’s gonna feel some STEEEEEEEL !

My ice chest must pack some lbs home….

(NOTE: still waiting on some additional info from lake)

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Not familiar with their plant location. This by main ramp or the next cove up by that shallow stretch, or elsewhere?

The ramp....always the ramp

Demizer
10-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Awesome. i never fish in pyramid lake before and now i live close by. This seems legit. Does anyone has information on the "designated area" for shoreline fishing?

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Weather for Saturday at Pyramid lake:

Sat Oct 27

80°
50°
Sunny

Wind:

NE at 7 mph

Coefficient13
10-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Weather for Saturday at Pyramid lake:

Sat Oct 27

80°
50°
Sunny

Wind:

NE at 7 mph

Well that sounds pleasant as heck.

I'm looking at my weather report for where I'm fishing tomorrow... wind advisory... 50MPH gusts...

It'll be a real nice night out. Picked up my deep diving jerkbaits. Gonna scrounge through my limited trout imitations. I'm excited.

I believe I will bring coffee after all. Ask me if you see my torn up explorer with a kayak sticking out the back... or on the ground as I try to jerry-rig my lights back together.

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Awesome. i never fish in pyramid lake before and now i live close by. This seems legit. Does anyone has information on the "designated area" for shoreline fishing?

The channel run that is adjacent to the pay booth will definately be accessable from shore and allowed..

There IS talk of possibly opening an area near the boat rental docks but that is uncertain at this time from my end, I can neither confirm nor deny an area being open for shore fishing in that vicinity at this time..

I want to point out that this other area I mention is NOT FOR SURE so do not quote me on that area..

The channel is DEFINITELY accessable for this night fishing event…and should be a good zone for some activity

dk4885
10-26-2012, 11:17 AM
good luck out there guys i hope you all slay, if it was not a 5 1/2 hour round trip for us we would be there. thats why we chose to go to delta instead if we are going to spend that much money on gas and all we might as well get 2 straight day on the water out of it. the good news is we dont buy bait anymore.lol anyways good luck guys

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-26-2012, 11:27 AM
good luck out there guys i hope you all slay, if it was not a 5 1/2 hour round trip for us we would be there. thats why we chose to go to delta instead if we are going to spend that much money on gas and all we might as well get 2 straight day on the water out of it. the good news is we dont buy bait anymore.lol anyways good luck guys

we'll miss U there bruthaman...I hope you slay them delta feesh....I really want to hit that someday soon....might have ta stow away on ur next trip : )

As for bait....ahhhh young grasshoppa...there is always a time and place for bait...the troll has it's place and time and so duth the bait...

Either way....STRIPEY MUST DIEEEEEEEEEEA~

Thank for the good wishes...have a safe and fruitfull trip...I expect to get some text pics from you two : )

Gary

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-26-2012, 05:53 PM
I will see those of you who choose to attend tomorrow in line..

Good luck to ALL

My Big swimbaits are gonna get slung HARD

Stripey....and ALL other fish are gonna feel da' Pain : )

Haven't fished all week....

I'd hate ta be a fish tomorrow : )

woooo hooo hoo hoo ha ha ha ha (insert goulish tone HERE)

Till then,
Gary

CAPT'N
10-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Good luck to all!

Wish I could be on the water killing Mr. Striper.......

Capt'n

MikesOcean
10-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Good Luck to all you guys attending this! KILLLL THEM FISH and MOST IMPORTANTLY BE SAFE!!!!

WISH I COULD BE THERE! UNFORTUNATELY WILL NOT MAKE IT!!

CANT WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT THE NIGHT!

1. The Steel
2. Coefficient
3. Buzzbait
4. Bassboy

sorry guys the fresno boys wont make this one. change of plans for us im sure you will understand. we will instead be headed to the delta to target salmon and some of those delta DD stripers. 2 day trip. maybe go for the trifecta and get a dino while were at it. see you at the next event.

this ones for you trail blazer

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd520/dk4885/Fresno-20120821-00169.jpg
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd520/dk4885/Fresno-20120821-00170.jpg

DK, Have a great trip and kick some arse! Looking forward to hear about your trip!!!

fishinone
10-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Well? Any reports?

Coefficient13
10-29-2012, 07:24 AM
I got skunked. Got a little bit wet and as it started to cool down I kinda lost the groove I thought I was gonna rock.

I got my lures in front of fish, they didn't care for them. Varied retrieves and troll speeds, no deal.

Even did the waggle the kayak deal where you paddle twice on one side then twice on the other slowly, which gives the lures a good lurch - > pause... no deal.

Was headed in for another coffee and to perhaps nab a trout. Couldn't find my trout lures in my car, think they're still with my backpacking stuff. The trout wouldn't take the trout worms. So fail there too.

Dragged a worm along the side of the shallow area in front of launch, and diagonally across some structure from the docks towards the no boats area. Few other spots, no largemouth either.

Was a bit dryer, so trolled again. No dice. Back to launch feeling pretty tired. Gary offers me a bait for these trout. I remember how hard it is to keep a bait still while keeping a tight line in a kayak, lol.

Pretty out, saw some night herons or green herons, an owl, hope there are many more. There was better turn out than I expected. I saw 2 fish caught, looked like a good catfish and a small bass.