PDA

View Full Version : 10/2 AM Blind bass

allIdoIsfish
10-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Check out this fish I got on tuesday. It looked like it was blind in both eyes, But he was still able to find my crankbait

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/vlkter/100_0275-1.jpg

fishmounter
10-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Nice fish none the less! Don't know why, but I have seen quite a few large bass out of Perris that are blind in one eye, and for whatever reason, it's usually the left eye!

smokehound
10-04-2012, 02:46 PM
eyesight is actually pretty trivial for all fish.

A simple genetic tweak destroys eye development, and in laboratories, altered fish navigate and find prey just fine.

Im pretty sure these bass are blind due to trematode infection...

fishboy12
10-04-2012, 03:50 PM
37374 It was good to meet ya out there. I fished until about 1230. Once the sun got high in the sky and it got got the bite shut down. I missed a good hit on a drop shot but no hookup. See ya again sometime.

Cartman
10-04-2012, 07:44 PM

A simple genetic tweak destroys eye development, and in laboratories, altered fish navigate and find prey just fine.

First of all, I always find your comments interesting and educational. Thanks for that.

Makes me shake my head about all the money and trouble people spend buying just the right color everything for catching fish. They even sell color calculators for selecting just the right color for water conditions.

allIdoIsfish
10-04-2012, 11:11 PM
It was good to meet ya out there. I fished until about 1230. Once the sun got high in the sky and it got got the bite shut down. I missed a good hit on a drop shot but no hookup. See ya again sometime.

It was nice too meet you too Mark. See you out there!

allIdoIsfish
10-04-2012, 11:13 PM

i see, good to know.

HawgStalker
10-05-2012, 07:10 AM
Very cool! Yeah, I too have a caught a few blind fish! I think they use vibration more than we realize....

Nice Largie man!