PDA

View Full Version : Need Big Bear Lake Advice

Redond0
10-03-2012, 03:04 PM
I am new to fishing, and have had a great time fishing BBL recently. We are heading up there soon, and more than likely we will be fishing from the shoreline. We have fished at boulder bay and had success catching catfish off the pier. I wanted to check out some other places. Does anyone have some suggestions for good fishing spots from the shoreline?

Thanks in advance!

RTG
10-03-2012, 07:30 PM
I am new to fishing, and have had a great time fishing BBL recently. We are heading up there soon, and more than likely we will be fishing from the shoreline. We have fished at boulder bay and had success catching catfish off the pier. I wanted to check out some other places. Does anyone have some suggestions for good fishing spots from the shoreline?

Thanks in advance!
Try night-fishing on the north shore. Use a piece of night crawler under a lighted slip-bobber. There are some piers you can fish off of, or just fish off shore-like Windy Point.

Redond0
10-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Try night-fishing on the north shore. Use a piece of night crawler under a lighted slip-bobber. There are some piers you can fish off of, or just fish off shore-like Windy Point.

Awesome. Thanks RTG. I heard that there's trout and crappie around there, does that sound about right?

RTG
10-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Sorry for the late reply-yes, that slip-bobber method is for trout. Really it's a summer-time method. As for crappies, I've been slamming them the last couple of weeks, but there's a catch. You need a deep-water dock to find them. And really the public piers aren't deep enough. I fish a private dock. You probably have to wait until next spring for that bite.