PDA

View Full Version : skinner 10/2

Matt_Magnone
10-02-2012, 03:40 PM
back to skinner for the october bite. perfect timing to get my boat quarantined from dvl.

got there at open and ran through last years routine. threw the same crap til my arm fell off without a bite. still too early. ended up picking up the buzzbait and got some attention. nothing of size. 12-14" fish. around 10 or so i decided to pick up the swimbait sticks. ended up staying with that the rest of the day. caught a bunch, lost a bunch, video'd a bunch. it was a pretty fun day. water clarity is stained in the north and both east ends but clear as usual on the south shore. water is up Up UP! bite is there but you just have to work on it a bit to refine. plenty of 1" bait around but the larger fish definitely weren't key'd on them. baby bass is the candy right now.

cl8 bait cb7" slow sink
moderate priced bait that has an oh so sexy swim to her. its very easy to over work this bait. a nice steady cadence is more than adequate until you find the baits sweet spot. too fast and you'll know it. this is a bait i fish when they want it a little slower than my typical "crank til you arms fall off" retrieve.

Perris_holic
10-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the report. Where can you pick that lure up at? Is that its exact name?

Matt_Magnone
10-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the report. Where can you pick that lure up at? Is that its exact name?

we got them at last chance bait and tackle (951) 658-7410

just ask for a CL8 bait CB 7" in trout. if someone answers the phone and DOESNT know what you're talking about ; its gonna be time for bathroom duty! :LOL: either that or just ask for me and i'll get you all hooked up.

Perris_holic
10-02-2012, 08:33 PM
ok thanks bro

HawgZWylde
10-02-2012, 08:47 PM
"back to skinner for the october bite. perfect timing to get my boat quarantined from dvl."

Hahaahaaahaaaa, and she busted wide open today dude!!! Didn't matter what I threw, they chewed man. Now YOU gotta wait SEVEN DRY FRIGGING DAYS before YOUR boat can get back on the jewel. Hehehe, now, while YOU are safely LOCKED OUT, I can get some of those big girls you are constantly molesting and leaving petrified with holes in their lips, sore mouths, and lockjaw...

BUT

I'm bee ess'n ya bro. The jewel was as grumpy as ever. Match the hatch day to the extreme for us. Hot and very little wind. Picked some off at the usual spots, but the coves were full of small baitfish, and that's where the girls were hang'n out. The bummer was, last night while packing my mobile tackle system up, I accidentally put the wrong tray back in and didn't have any of my small 1 1/2-3 inch white and clear swimmers and corresponding hardware. That (small) was key for getting numbers today. Very soon, I will need a new, larger capacity system, but the Revo comes first... I love Skinner. When the bite's on there, it's an all day stickfest and full body workout man. Cool you got to go to a different type of aqua environment. And better yet, ya had a successful day too boot. Hmm, we just may have to join you on that BANNED list...

Good report Matt...

Slater
10-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Nice work on sticking the swimbait fish's', I picked up a CL-8 bait a while back up in central Cali and have had some luck with it in that area. Figured that or the hudds might be working there about now with all the baby bass smoking the small baitfish everywhere causing some attention to the bigger boys. Great report...