PDA

View Full Version : PB wiper with Capt. Hometown

troutdog
10-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Got the bug to go fishing real bad by the beginning of last week and booked a trip with my buddy Hometown, actually it was more like "Hey Mark can we PLEASE go catfishing fishing on your boat if you aren't too busy this weekend". As luck would have it all the stars aligned with the full moon and our sights were set for some night fishing at the Vine. Got to the lake and enjoyed the sounds of the music festival that lasted well into the night and carried over to the campgrounds into the wee hours of the morning.

Chatted with tapersteve while packing up our gear near the ramp when we noticed a couple having issues with their boat. Floating adjacent to the shore and no love from the engine, Hometown took off without hesitating and gave them a hand with a tow. The "SS HomeTown" saved the day and they were very appreciative, kudos to you HT for paying it forward :Thumbs Up:

Grabbed our gear after the rescue mission complete and off to the spot we went, nobody there and it stayed that way most of the night. Not long afterwards Legends of the lake team Trolltoon set anchor, twice in fact! :LOL: (Sorry Trolly!) Trolly telling jokes by the light of the moon = pricele$$

Fishing was a slow pick with HT picking up a nice kitty as the light faded, followed by a beefy wiper that was revived and released after a nice fight. We both had a couple more runs with nothing more to show for it the next couple hours, but good conversation and the music from the festival made for a nice cool evening on the water. Our positive mojo seemed to prevail and my rod on the stern finally went off and I quickly set the hook to be welcomed by a frantic line peeling run....."definitely not a cat" says Capt Hometown. That's just fine with me and my personal best wiper met the net a few minutes later....sorry for the cellphone pic, but you get the idea.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/Mrwipey.jpg

After a safe release my other rod get the nod and a nice 5lb kitty hits the deck, score! Although the numbers didn't show for us we kept busy and got some quality fish and enjoyed a bent rod in our hands. All good in my books, can't wait to go again!

See you at the lake!

TD

5150fishn
10-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Capt. Hometown put you on some quality fish!!! That is one sweet Wiper you caught there Aaron. Glad you guys got out on the water and had some success.

TaperSteve
10-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Way to go on the PB wiper! Good seeing you out there again bro....

TS

PONTOON
10-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Aaron, It was definitely good to see you back on the lake again and that fishing bug isn't a bad bug to get!:Cool:

I've seen Mark out at the lake getting dialed in for the KoC and I'm very confident he is going to do well. Too bad I won't be able to hit him with some prop wash during the tournament to throw him off a little.:LOL: I'm still feeling bad about that one Mark........:Embarrassed:

It was good to see you both teamed up for the night and congrats on the PB wiper TD.!:Thumbs Up:

JAG107
10-02-2012, 06:56 PM
That is a TOAD wiper, congrats on the PB! Love it!

cutbait
10-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Nice fish TD!

you da man

Hometown
10-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the kind words Terry it is all ways great to see You and Chris out on the water.Good luck to Team TROLLTOON at koc and the rest of Team 57.

fishfnatic
10-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Nice job on the PB TD. I bet that was fun. Man I can't wait to get back out to the Vine.

See Chris Fish
10-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Congrats on the PB!!! Fishing with Hometown is always a blast.
Rescue Team 57 strikes again. Way to go Hometown.

TroutOnly
10-03-2012, 08:42 PM
`kill-kill-kill,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh sorry t/d,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,please release into grease,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hometown
10-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Thanks Chris

Hometown
10-03-2012, 09:11 PM
thanks Dan

troutdog
10-03-2012, 11:25 PM
`kill-kill-kill,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh sorry t/d,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,please release into grease,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,

If it was any other lake Bob that sucker woulda been tacos by noon last Sunday:LOL: Gotta respect the home lake....besides I plan on catching that guy in another couple years and break the lake record! :Wink:

Thanks for all the props guys,

TD

Poxy Boggards
10-04-2012, 12:18 AM
Congrats on the Hawg Wiper TD!

See Chris Fish
10-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Is it just me, the name "Capt. Hometown" makes me think of Mark with an eye patch and a pirate hat saying ARGH?!?!?!?!? LOL

troutdog
10-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Is it just me, the name "Capt. Hometown" makes me think of Mark with an eye patch and a pirate hat saying ARGH?!?!?!?!? LOL

When I arrived at the dock I was expecting something closer to this :LOL:
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/Fast-Times-At-Ridgemont-High-Brad-Captain-Hook-Uniform.jpg

TD