PDA

View Full Version : StriperBowl Recap

Coefficient13
09-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Ended up first in line for Saturday after my Friday evening skunk.

Got some Striper knowledge laid down by DK that made it sound like I was fishing the right areas and had the right idea, but lacked something less tangible, lol.

So I headed to the spots I had recently got fish. Trolled up a few smallmouth, then moved on to the second spot. Got some small striper on the jerkbait, and a fat catfish.

Then trolled around till exhausted, then a little more, and hit the same spot again but only got more smallmouth.

Headed to the after party after a small shore stint at the inlet.

Good chats with good folk, nice meeting you all. Grats to winners. Swell hot dogs, pretty fish. Raffle winnings acquired.

Crowd started thinning and I got to hear some good tales, striper knowledge.

Around 5:20 AM Gary and I decided that the likelihood of the striper boiling within the confines of the group camp site was rather low, so we called it a night.

MarkyMark
09-30-2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks for posting your trip!

MM

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Good meeting you out there..

Glad you got some fish and got some action....it was a little challenging but it's always a good time....

Had fun at the camp....the guitar jams were off the hook....

Next time be sure to bring ur guitar as well...

Didn't run out of beer later on but ran outa gas.....but that was after a mega sitting of beers and songs...

But re: the fish tales and striper knowledge: Remember…I LIE ALLOT : )

Ahhhh ha ha ha ha

Good times….good times : )

Nice job and congrats on ur catches !

Gary

Coefficient13
10-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Glad you got some fish and got some action....it was a little challenging but it's always a good time....

Nice seeing you for more than a five minute chat this time.

I'll take all the bites I get :) Heck I nearly doubled my lifetime striper catch count, lol. I'll be ready for the next one.

It's real nice to have confidence in a few more hardbaits on the cast rather than the troll. It's hard to develop trust in new techniques when I feel that my other rod already has something "good" on it. Hitting up the striper at Pyramid and smallies there and up in Oregon has me ready to use more cranks and jerkbaits and stick with it till I get what I want.

Now I can work on my depth, which was certainly lacking.

In the meantime I'll check out the night fishing event.

flyhigh123
10-01-2012, 01:34 PM
i fished castaic the same day and didn't see any boils. I felt the fish weren't feeding heavily and that was close or it was the Full moon.

How was the fishing at Pyramid? I wanted to see if there is a negative correlation to the full moon since fish may have gotten their fill at night.

trail blazer
10-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Great job bro,,,,,,,,,,wtg!

t/b

Coefficient13
10-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Somehow this guy earned a pic by attempting to crotch hook me, succeeding in re-hooking himself. Bait lost half it's paint by the end of the day.
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh570/Coefficient13/IMAG1080.jpg

And I was certain I'd got a good striper finally when this guy hit.
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh570/Coefficient13/IMAG1083.jpg

dk4885
10-02-2012, 12:30 PM
nice meeting you, we were the first in line and last at the camp now thats dedication. hope to see you at the night event we will be there

Coefficient13
10-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Heck yeah, I'm excited for night fishing. Spent the money on the lights, gotta attend all of them. More interested in striper as time goes on, as well.

I'm going to grab some deep diver jerkbait action for the night event and this month's Castaic trips, I don't think my 15 foot diver for the event even made it past 8 on thin 10 pound line. Easiest for me to get out on the troll, and a floater or suspender doesn't tangle when I hook up on the other. Though I imagine I'll rock some a-rig as well.

See who can pull out some beasts!

fishinone
10-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Nice seeing you out there Co e-fishin t13.

Those striper are addictive. You should avoid them.

We'll have to do some kayak fishing sometime.

karlow
10-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Hey it was great seeing you all out there!
I loved the music as well. Good times.
Next time I'm going to really get them stripies damit.
You might want to consider rocking the LC for those bad boyz!

KP