PDA

View Full Version : Team Trolltoon - Irvine Home Sweet Home

PONTOON
09-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Trolly and I arrived at the lake around 6:00pm, a little later than normal, But we still had the same good feeling when we drove through the gate. We were greeted by Jimmy and the boys in the tackle shop, Talked with them for a while and headed for the ramp. On the way we ran into Daniela, Valerie and our old Friend Kewly. Getting to see our friends and the Irvine staff pretty much sealed the deal......No matter what the fish count would be, we were back at our home away frome home. It was good to see everyones smiling faces!:Cool:

We got Trollys Lund launched and headed out to our camp for the night to be greeted by none other than our Friends Hometown and his very special guest and long time Team 57 member, Troutdog. It was definitely good to see you guys last night, congrats on some nice fish and the banter back and forth from your boat to Trolly was just about as funny as it gets. Trollys jokes weren't that funny but the replies........well, that was hilarious!:LOL:

The evening wasn't without the usual mishap from "Mayem" himself. We dialed in our first anchor drop and it was bombs away! As we stretched out that first anchor line I thought to myself either the lake got 30 feet shallower or the anchor rope grew another 50 feet?:Rolls Eyes: Needless to say that after we dropped the second anchor was when Trolly....I mean "Mayhem".....calls over and says.......We lost the anchor!:Shocked:

Okay, so we pulled up the second anchor and went back to borrow another one for the evening and headed back to the camp site and finally got anchored down. Not without a few comments from that guy fishing with Hometown though.:Wink:

As for the fish count it was Trolly who struck first but lost that first fish. this time not to a faulty knott but a hook that broke just below the shank.:Embarrassed: That didn't seem to bother Trolly much at all because on or about 10:57pm, as predicted by our new catfishing buddy wingnut, Trolly brought in the biggest fish of the night. At that point the only one that night!:Rolls Eyes:

By the way Arthur, I overheard Trolly say that he was so excited that he was one fish away from completing his SWAT Challenge, catching three different species from the surf on a Kiddie Pole, that he wanted to throw out a challenge to you...........Bring a DD catfish to the net on that same kiddie pole you got your legal halibut on.:Envious:

Hmmmm, looks like the beginning of another quest?:Cool:

As the night started to wear on, just about the time I conceded to a two week long shut out, I got a run that I was able to connect with and bring to the net.:Smile:

Another great night at the Vine any way you look at it!:Thumbs Up:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/12-09-29%20Irvine%20Lake/IMG_0821.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/12-09-29%20Irvine%20Lake/IMG_0822.jpg

dlmoo312
09-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Looks like a great night indeed! Seeing your catfishing posts makes me want to go out and do some catfishing of my own! :Big Grin: It's been awhile.. Congrats on the catch!

-Daniel

5150fishn
09-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Team Trolltoon rocking the Vine again! Thanks for the report and bummer about the anchor!

Wingnut
10-01-2012, 12:13 PM
That was fun texting back and forth with you guys all night... :Big Grin:
Congrats on a couple of very nice Kitties. :Envious:
Looks like I will have to take the Superman Combo out of retirement soon... :Wink:
The 20th is coming up fast, I'll see both of you gentlemen at HG4. :Cool:

trollmiester
10-01-2012, 01:42 PM
another fun trip buddy,only three weeks left before the king of cats,can not wait.grape leaves for the next trip out.

TaperSteve
10-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Good seeing y'all out there again!

and thanks for posting all the reports you've been over the summer!

TS

Rooster
10-01-2012, 05:21 PM
So Trolly does have a jacket :Envious: I have never seen him with a jacket before...

You guys are putting in the time and im sure its going to pay off at the KOC. Props

Great read and pics Pontoon!

troutdog
10-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Great fishing next door to team Trolltoon, lots of fun out there...congrats on the cats! Good luck at the big KOC event guys!

TD

oldfishguy
10-02-2012, 12:11 AM
good to see theres another dead head on here. long live jerry. tight lines

DynoDan
10-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Nice kitty! We need to get down one more time before trout season. I want to cook for the team!

PONTOON
10-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Looks like a great night indeed! Seeing your catfishing posts makes me want to go out and do some catfishing of my own! :Big Grin: It's been awhile.. Congrats on the catch!

-Daniel

Daniel, Thanks for the reply and I'm glad you enjoy our posts!:Cool:

Get out to Irvine and throw out some bait there's still plenty of catfish season left to go. I'm looking forward to seeing you at HG-4.:Thumbs Up:

Team Trolltoon rocking the Vine again! Thanks for the report and bummer about the anchor!

5150, Thanks for the reply!:Cool:

Losing the anchor wasn't too bad. We can always find another one we can tie on the end of the rope but I know one thing, the next one won't be anywhere near as heavy as the on we borrowed.........just ask trolly.:LOL:

That was fun texting back and forth with you guys all night... :Big Grin:
Congrats on a couple of very nice Kitties. :Envious:
Looks like I will have to take the Superman Combo out of retirement soon... :Wink:
The 20th is coming up fast, I'll see both of you gentlemen at HG4. :Cool:

Arthur, the texts were great. and your prediction of 9:57 er, I mean 10:57pm was right on the money!:LOL:

Sounds like the Team Trolltoon challenge has been thrown out and accepted! We're looking forward to the epic "Quest for the Whiskerfish".:Wink:

I'm looking forward to seeing you at HG-4 My Friend!:Thumbs Up:

another fun trip buddy,only three weeks left before the king of cats,can not wait.grape leaves for the next trip out.

Trolly, My Brother from a different family!:Cool:

As always Buddy it was another great night at the Vine and I'm looking forward to nettin' that big fish for you at the KoC!:Thumbs Up:

Good seeing y'all out there again!

and thanks for posting all the reports you've been over the summer!

TS

Steve, thank you for the reply and I've got to commend you and big Daddy for carrying the Team 57 torch and keeping it lit!:Cool:

I'll be seeing you at the Vine real soon I'm sure and hopefully we'll see you at HG-4!:Thumbs Up:

So Trolly does have a jacket :Envious: I have never seen him with a jacket before...

You guys are putting in the time and im sure its going to pay off at the KOC. Props

Great read and pics Pontoon!

Rob, Thanks for the reply and come to think of it I don't recall Trolly wearing a jacket much either.:Cool:

Thanks again for the words of encouragement and I hope to see you soon.:Thumbs Up:

Great fishing next door to team Trolltoon, lots of fun out there...congrats on the cats! Good luck at the big KOC event guys!

TD

Aaron, it was a pleasure getting to fish next to you and Mark on your "Return to the Vine" and getting to hear that drag screaming was pretty cool Buddy!:Cool:

good to see theres another dead head on here. long live jerry. tight lines

Oldfishguy, Thanks for the reply! ............ what's a Dead head anyway? :LOL:

PONTOON
10-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Nice kitty! We need to get down one more time before trout season. I want to cook for the team!

DynoDan, Thanks for the reply and I'm sure there will be some Team 57 members ready to find an excuse to set up another BBQ.:Cool:

See you out at the lake.

Hometown
10-02-2012, 08:41 PM
DynoDan, Thanks for the reply and I'm sure there will be some Team 57 members ready to find an excuse to set up another BBQ.:Cool:

See you out at the lake.

Yes I am sure there is some TEAM 57 get to gethers in the works

fishfnatic
10-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Man you guys are good. Nothing like having fun and tugging some some nice fish. WTG.