PDA

View Full Version : back in the game!

matt duarte
09-29-2012, 10:27 PM
hey guys hows it going.... its been a long long time since i last been here! lots of new people... any way i was looking around on here last night and got to thinkin that i wish i never sold my odc420 toon or my fishcat... sooo i was like screw it and went to bass pro shop to check them out.. online i was lookin at the togiak tubes that i thought looked really nice..was thinking i wanted a change since i already had the fish cat b4.. got to BPS and saw the models they had blown up..i liked how the togiak looked and noticed some changes on the fish cat.. i really wanted the togiak cause of all the pockets.. i asked one of the dudes workin if i could take one off the shelf and sit in it to test it out...(they were tied up) he let me and once i sat in the togiak i new it was no bueno..it was nice but the back of the seat sucked and dug into my back..took the fish cat down...i wanted to see how different the stripping net was since it was taller.. and bam perfect seat was awesome back rest was awesome and was surprised that the new style stripping net was was perfect height....sooo i bought it gonna be fun to get back out to perris and other lakes with the swim baits this winter! still need to buy fins the ones a bps looked a lil poopy..proly pick up some waders to for the hell of it.. any way glad to be back guys and ill def see u at the lake.. perris is my stomping grounds soo ill be there more....
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/35FB068A-2BB2-4690-B3EB-80F295133E7A-6193-0000095B38C0B205.jpg

gonna go to home depo tomorrow to get pvc for rod holders..maybe a fish finder..although i always thought i caught more fish with out one lol

bassfishing24/7
09-30-2012, 12:58 AM
Welcome back to the Tube world,im pretty new to tubing but i been hooked since day 1! Id like to Tube perris very soon so mabe i will see u out there one day!

matt duarte
09-30-2012, 01:17 PM
thanks dude...its gonna be nice to get back on the water..gettin my swimbaits all ready..just ordered 3 huddleston trouts and the tackle warehouse back pack so i can have more storage on this tube.. need to go pick up some hotspots glad there local to me.. gonna have to get some waders soon to since its proly gonna get cold in a month or 2... about to head to homedepot soon to get some pvc..

fishmounter
09-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Hey Matt, welcome back dude, where ya been? Yeah, I recently got a Fishcat too, but screwed up my back at work, so have not been out much this summer. (Plus it's just been too frigging hot.) But I'm better, so Perris here i come! Now if we can only get Casey back..

matt duarte
09-30-2012, 04:00 PM
hey fishmounter! good to see a familiar name! and ya i havent really fished all summer cause of the heat...i got long hair and a beard now sooo heat doesnt work well with me lol.. ive just been home takin care of my kid and blowing glass at night... went to the sierras a few months ago and that was fun caught a bunch of trout but i need me some bass *** lol.. ya man me and casey used to go out and kill it every weekend.. i miss the days of the pontubers vs the tubers lol.... ronira, VG, i know there was a few others but i cant remember there FNN name right now (sorry guys memory sux lol) be nice to get the crew back together..

matt duarte
09-30-2012, 05:15 PM
what are some good sites to check out tube setups? i seem to forgot all the ones i used to look at...found bass-n-tubes but its not letting me look at the gallery

fishmounter
09-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Matt- Not sure if this is cool to do on this site, but check this one out: http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com Click on "HOME" You will need to register too. Pretty cool stuff, but most of the guys are SW fishermen. Some guys are local Perris fishermen though.

matt duarte
09-30-2012, 06:10 PM
cool thanks dude!

matt duarte
10-01-2012, 01:49 PM
just picked up my hotspots today!! gonna be on my way to get some pvc..and ill be about ready for the water!

bassfishing24/7
10-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Check out this simple Rod rack i found On cl.
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/zine74/5Q25Ka5F13n53Kb3J6c8fe9e9f82f5ab91130.jpg
Im gonna build one the same pretty soon!

Ronira
10-04-2012, 06:03 AM
Hey Matt, what's going on. Long time no fish bro. Soon as it cools down a taste I'll bring the rontoon out of the garage where it's been for the last two years. I need to get back to fishing myself. Probably need to get a new trolling battery' and new line on all my reels.

matt duarte
10-04-2012, 11:03 AM
sup dude!!! ya i need to do the same..new line lots of new stuff lol and ya this heat is killer i cant wait for winter..i just gotta get a few more things and im ready to hit the water hope to see ya out there! we gotta get the crew back together, kinda wish i didnt sell my toon but the new tube will be a lot lighter lol and easier to fit in my g35.. traded in the big truck i used to have

Ronira
10-05-2012, 09:06 AM
It's all good Matt, though I did like that truck. I can push you around the lake in your new tube. It would be a blast to have the pontubers get together again. I'll bring some venom bubba and we can do this right. :Cool:

matt duarte
10-05-2012, 11:26 AM
i got some new stuff to show ya to lol hella concentrated!. and ya i kinda miss the truck to...i cant haul much stuff in the g35 but the g35 is def a lot of fun and way way faster lol i should be able to hit the water after this wed.. need to but some water shoes and some straps..and im ready for the big bass!

wheres bassguy and socalbassman been? they still around?

Ronira
10-05-2012, 01:42 PM
I chatted with Daryle a bit not to long ago here on fnn but I haven't any idea if Dave is still around. Haven't heard from Casey either. It's gonna take a few for me to get my gear happening but soon mon, soon! The fall bite should be going off here pretty quick.

matt duarte
10-05-2012, 04:39 PM
right on ya i still talk to casey all the time... we havent really fished in a while though.. i think hes gonna be moving to oregon in a month or so :(

Ronira
10-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Oregon huh? love that state. Tell him hey for me.

matt duarte
10-11-2012, 08:19 PM
got my waders today! Im pretty much ready to get out on the water just need to pick up some 30lb and 10-12lb line

Socal Bassman
10-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Congrats on the new ride, bro! Love the FC4. I was thinking of selling mine and getting a newer one or a Super Fat Cat, but I just can't find a good enough reason to replace the one I have. LOL.

bassguy
10-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Hey Matt....good to see your back on the water. I don't post on here much, just decided to login for the first time in months. Haven't been to Perris since Chris (Rambogottafish) passed away, unfortunately, I tore a muscle in my calf, which has sidelined me for a few months, still recoverig, but hopefully I will be able to get out soon. When I was getting out, I have been fishing Castaic and Puddingstone. Once my leg heals, I'll be up for fishing Perris, get Socal, Ron, Casey if he's still around, it would be cool getting the gang together to terrorize the green fish.

matt duarte
10-17-2012, 09:21 PM
O man no way I didn't know rambo passed away I'm saddened to hear this...... I still talk to tj but I thinks hes gonna move to Oregon. We def gotta get the crew back together though for sure! Hope u heal fast dude good to hear from ya again

bassguy
11-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Hey Matt, Rambo passed away in Sept of 2010, he was battling lung cancer for about a year. We had become good friends, it was hard for me to see him suffer trough the tough times.

My leg is feeling better, so hopefully I will be able to get out fishing soon. Hopefully SoCal, Ron, and TJ will be up for some fishing, I know SoCal is busy with the family and the new house. Let me know when you want to get together, lets ses if we can make it happen.