PDA

View Full Version : Skinner: Sorry, just one to a customer

P.A.W.
09-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Pulled up to the inlet early and there were about 4 or 5 boats there. Strange but each boat landed 1 striper, and that's it. I caught up with 4 of the boats later, Including Sweetfish, and each one still just had the one fish aboard. Sooooooo the pattern is still the same. Cast fast and get what you can early then look for dink LMB later. I bet after the big moon phase is over it'll be a different story. In the meantime I'm having ceviche tonight and I'll be there again tomorrow to try something different.

P.A.W.
09-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Part deux: Anyone who has fished Skinner in the last couple weeks knows the boat traffic has been kinda heavy at the gate upon opening. Not today Sunday. There were only two of us at the inlet early. Pretty much the same pattern though. A few fish right away and after 30-45 minutes it died out. What IS different is that the troll bite stayed active 'til almost 11:00. In the 3 hours of trolling I was short bit a bunch of times and managed to hookup 4 times. So all in all a 7 fish day and I was back to the marina and happy at 11:00. Water is high and cloudy. No LMB report today.

Slater
09-30-2012, 06:52 PM
hey paw, do you know about how deep the troll fish r holding??? If i cant get into surface action, I think its time for me to whip out the leadcore for a paddle. I got the ich to get into some stripes. Also has vegetation been a problem while trolling?
thank you in-advance.

JAG107
09-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Hows the alae situation Pat? It's fairly bothersome at most other places right now, makes trolling a pain. Glad you got some good trolling in today!

P.A.W.
10-01-2012, 05:24 AM
Slater, As the tall grassy weeds are dying off they are beginning to float around a bit. So you will need to stop and clear your line once in a while but not too bad. Just stay in the 25-35 foot zone and troll about 10-15 feet down for suspended fish. Check your PM's

Hey Joe, Since they bluestoned just a couple weeks ago the algae isn't problematic, but the water isn't very clear. No floating blobs though.