PDA

View Full Version : 09 / 26 Local 3/4-D Sportie Rockfish Trip

JapanRon
09-27-2012, 04:41 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/0926ezine12P1.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/0926ezine12P2.jpg

Tunaslam
09-29-2012, 06:30 AM
Winter fishing at iit's finest, oh what it's not winter? Good job Ron.

Cory

JapanRon
10-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Hi Tunaslam,

Yes, I hear ya. Goin' out on the Ducky .... I just couldn't face a RF trip this Wednesday so I'm taking a week's break !!

Thanks,

tsurikichi

shioda
10-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Went on the Enterprise last Wed. because it is fishing Catalina. Targeting YT. Deckhand caught one. Boat caught a lot of bass, sheephead, etc. All you can want, if you use the right bait, etc. I caught a ton of short calico on the rubber lures, but no keepers. I think that's why the count is confusing. Fishing Catalina while the other boats fishing locally.

JapanRon
10-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Hi shioda,

Sorry for the late reply. I've been killing myself finishing a 30 page Sierra fishing report on a trip I took last month.

Yes, I heard they were going to Catalina but the Victory skipper is saying there's no fish there.

JapanRon

shioda
10-09-2012, 06:59 PM
JR

Looking forward to reading that report. Always wanted to fish there, but never got the chance.

We had great fishing at Catalina. Only one YT caught, but lots of everything else. I started with shrimp to get a sheephead for the wife. Got a whitefish first, then the sheephead with 10 minutes of fishing. Once I got that in the bag, switched to the rubber lures and got several calico, mostly short or barely legal. Once the YT was hooked by the deckhand, I switched to jumbo sardines hoping for one too. Never got one though. There were some bigger calico caught on the sardines, too.

Truthfully, I think boats aren't going to Catalina because of the price of fuel. I really wonder how the Enterprise makes any money as much as Andy moves looking for fish. With only 17 anglers, some of whom probably had passes or paid senior rates, they have to just about break even on the fuel. I miss those days riding the Premier out to Catalina. haha

JapanRon
10-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Hi shioda,

Sorry for the late reply. Sierra report is in the freshwater section. I'm sure you'll be one to take the time to read it !!

JapanRon