PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid today B4 WORK

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Hit Pyramid for a quick b4 work run…

The water condition was MUCH better than our last event….it was no longer that pea soup slop we had last time..

Water clarity was actually pretty damn good.. very clear for pyramid

Still some weedlines (not a bad thing to hold bait) but not scattered about the way they were a while back..

Fishing the Dimiki Dolphin topwater lure…

Looking

Searchin’

Didn’t see a whole lot of surface activity…

So I started fishing dead water..

Saw 1 pop

About 5 casts into my day at this point

Casted the PERFECT cast just past that zone

SWOOSH!

Hookup~

Drag peela too…hard fighter for pyramid fish ! (insert smile here)

Landed it….nice chuncky grade fish for pyramid!

Next cast..

Completely dead water….no surface disruption

A “SLURPER!”

Slurped it RIGHT UP

And I drove da’ steel!

Landed it : )

Another nice solid fish

About another 15 casts into it

Blowup~

And yet another one hits da’ deck ! ohhh yeah

Looks like I’ve gott ‘em goin on dead water …………..Ohhhh Yeah ~

BUT..

There was a boat with 5 people in it a ways away…they were watching me boat those fish with silver dollar eyes…

About the time I landed that 3rd fish a school of stripey started rakin the bait in about ˝ foot of water….not boiling but pushin water with their backs…almost finning

Problem was they were right at the shore where the weedline was thick….in about 1/2foot of water

NOT FISHABLE

They saw that and proceeded to come over…about 45 feet away from me and tried casting into that weedline for those fish…

all good but in their efforts to do that…STOPPED RIGHT ON TOP OF WHERE I WAS LANDING THE DEAD WATER FISH : (

WTF ?

Thanks allot ! Dayam !

Needless to say my deadwater action came to a grinding hault immediately….

Very saddened, I proceeded to fish on…

That school of stripers raked the shallows about 6 or 7 times more and I slung into it…most times immediately getting the weeds 5’ from shore but 1 cast stayed clean and I got blew up on 2 solid time but no hookup

I left that zone and that cattle boat promptly after that…a little disgusted.

Tried trolling my Yumbrella rig for 15 minutes or so but my time to fish rapidly was ticking away (had ta go to work)

I saw a few isolated fish pop but no more stripey…

Tried a couple last ditch effort zones on my way back to the dock and landed 1 LMB about 3 ˝-4lbs (sorta landed it…I carelessly tuna slung him and as he came over the rail came off..) and 1 SMB both on the dimiki topwater lure …

A quick shot showed great signs of potential…no telling what happened after I left…I did hear 2nd hand of someone getting on a 20 minute boil and getting limits from that boil but again that’s 2nd hand info…(on another day)

Conditions are good out there and very trollable so that is good news..

Don’t know what the bait bite was like cuz I didn’t fish bait…didn’t have enuff time to fully explore all options..

Anyways got some decent action for the short time I was there….wanted to let U all know what went down this morning : )

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/Pyramid9-27-12_1.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/Pyramid9-27-12_2.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/Pyramid9-27-12_3.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/Pyramid9-27-12_smallmouth.jpg

fishinone
09-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Nice!

You're sniffing those puppies out, wherever you go!

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Nice!

You're sniffing those puppies out, wherever you go!

Yes...U might say that : )

And those fish are getting some BACK...

starting to football out...

they must be gorging on shad hardcore !

EfrenM
09-27-2012, 03:39 PM
nice smallie:Cool:

TroutOnly
09-27-2012, 04:25 PM
CLEARED UP WATER ,STRIPEYS UP CHASING BAIT ,THE GOOD MOON SIGN , MAN ALL YOU STRIPERBOWL PEOPLE SHOULD BE EXCITED THIS MEANS A GOOD BITE AND LOTS OF FOLKS WITH LOTS OF DEAD STRIPEYS ,THIS SHOULD BE REAL FUN,,,,,,,THANKS FOR THE RECON GARY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-27-2012, 05:58 PM
CLEARED UP WATER ,STRIPEYS UP CHASING BAIT ,THE GOOD MOON SIGN , MAN ALL YOU STRIPERBOWL PEOPLE SHOULD BE EXCITED THIS MEANS A GOOD BITE AND LOTS OF FOLKS WITH LOTS OF DEAD STRIPEYS ,THIS SHOULD BE REAL FUN,,,,,,,THANKS FOR THE RECON GARY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,

Moon Phase is ideal..

Looked at the moon last night…almost full…should be completely full if my guess is right tomorrow night so that sets us on 1 day after….should be good..

3 days BEFORE…during and 3 days AFTER in my experience has been solid..

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-27-2012, 05:59 PM
NOTE: we DO NOT need to meetup b4 this event....show up and fish..

meet at the group camp after (U'll see me in parking lot after where the boat trailers park)

troutdog
09-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Nice job Gary, good luck to all the guys at the event!

TD

socalbassboy
09-27-2012, 07:49 PM
cool report gary! i was out there yesterday doing a little recon myself. very successful recon.already got a game plan worked out, but knowing the mid and how unpredictable it can be, theres a good chance ill have to go with plan B...and if plan B was any good it would be plan A. haha see you there!

karlow
09-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Humm, taking notes!
Hea, I thought a full moon was a bad thing?
Mr Stripy getting his feed on all night, and ignoring my A half the day.
What am I missing here?

KP

TroutOnly
09-27-2012, 09:04 PM
youre three days late and 5 dollars short karl ,the full and new moon are the best times for fresh water fish this isnt the ocean,,,,,,,,,,,joe needs to slap you again,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Humm, taking notes!
Hea, I thought a full moon was a bad thing?
Mr Stripy getting his feed on all night, and ignoring my A half the day.
What am I missing here?

KP

Day and night it’s a good thing....in my personal experience..

Others will tell U different but through my years I've paid very close attention....I'll take the full moon phase over any others in most cases..

There are a few lakes where the “new moon” is better but that is not the case at the mid..