PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new friends and fishing buddies

SpaceEater
09-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Hello everyone! Ive just moved to Los Angeles for school, and Id love to make some new friends.
I have some time this weekend to go fishing, and I'm looking for some people to go fishing with, anywhere from Santa Monica, to maybe long beach.
Ive fished a bit before, but I've never had much success... at all, Id really appreciate some tips or a fishing mentor.
For some reason, I do a ton of research, I follow all the guides, buy a bunch of equipment, and still, no fish.

Looking forward to hear from you all!

Justme
09-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Well, welcome to fnn from wherever you moved from. I'm not much of an experienced saltwater/surf fishing guy but there are plenty of them here on this board that you can perhaps meet and learn from eventually. Not sure if it's still open but you might wanna try to register for the hunting giants event that these guys are setting up, you'd definitely learn a few things there and even meet a lot of the people, who all seem to be pretty cool from this board. Good luck and tight lines

Wingnut
09-28-2012, 05:28 PM
Well, welcome to fnn from wherever you moved from. I'm not much of an experienced saltwater/surf fishing guy but there are plenty of them here on this board that you can perhaps meet and learn from eventually. Not sure if it's still open but you might wanna try to register for the hunting giants event that these guys are setting up, you'd definitely learn a few things there and even meet a lot of the people, who all seem to be pretty cool from this board. Good luck and tight lines

Thank you Justme... you are correct. The HG4 event is a great way to learn and make new friends. :Big Grin:

Still plenty of time to get registered for the event, you will have a great time! :Big Grin:

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?65815-Registration-Now-OPEN!-4th-Annual-Hunting-Giants-Surf-Event-Presented-by-S-W-A-T