PDA

View Full Version : Pinched Crawlers work at Lake Mary ... FWIW

billy b
09-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Just remembered that the guy at Rick's said a fellow had just come in to buy some more and had caught 5 or 6 that went about 2#s

He suggested the brown color with garlic. I don't know how to rig or thread those suckers ... I'm new to them. Do you just loop them through the end with a lot of hook showing?

RiverWalker
09-26-2012, 10:55 AM
Hey Billy B. I use these Pinch crawlers once in a while and they worked every time! A little too good IMHO so usually only use them when I'm not getting enough grabs jigging worms/mini jigs or on the FLY. I don't discriminate. I adapt. haha. Orange is deadly up in the Sierras with Chart being my second favorite color. The way you hook them isn't important. Trust me! Cut or pinch them in 1/2 and tie them to a size 10 or 12 owners mosquito hook with a decent size split shot (Can't remember the size # I use). You only need half of the 'Pinch Crawler'.

brn2fis
09-28-2012, 05:52 PM
I use the whole crawler on a 6 or 8 mosquito hook threading it from the top so that it sticks out at the end of the shank, color doesn't matter. But the garlic infused works better and when you clean the fish you get it back. Put it into the jar and it will work again.

Ultralight
10-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Does the Pinched Crawlers float or sink? And if float - do you just let it sit like powerbait? If sink, do you jig it? Or do you just let it sink to the bottom? Or float?

Thanks,
UL

billy b
10-08-2012, 12:30 PM
[QUOTE=brn2fis;631067]I use the whole crawler on a 6 or 8 mosquito hook threading it from the top so that it sticks out at the end of the shank, color doesn't matter. But the garlic infused works better and when you clean the fish you get it back. Put it into the jar and it will work again.[/QUO

I'm not sure my brain caught that. You start at the top of the PC and thread the hook on down through thte PC with the barb coming out like you would with a plastic worm ... or is the barb covered and the PC comes up the shank?