PDA

View Full Version : pay increase opinion ?

DynoDan
09-25-2012, 06:06 PM
I wanted to compare awnsers I get in lake Irvine's page vs this page. So what do you guys think of the increase in fees at these pay lakes? Thanks

fishincrave
09-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Not good for people who have to travel along ways to the lake 25 X 2 = 50 for 2 people fishing + gas for 80 miles round trip = to much mula just to fish for trout
IMHO ............

seal
09-27-2012, 10:47 AM
I believe that there is a rising cost of doing buisness for them and based on their profit goals they needed to raise the rates, pretty simple.

etucker1959
09-27-2012, 12:58 PM
I believe that there is a rising cost of doing buisness for them and based on their profit goals they needed to raise the rates, pretty simple.
Not so simple I say, the other school of thought of what is what I do in my business. It's called increase your profits by increasing your volume. A good example of this is a jewerly store, they don't turn their inventory over very much so their is a big profit margin per item. Just the opposite of that is a supermarket, they turn over their inventory over all the time so they can go on a much smaller profit margin. The down side of that argument is for a lake that stocks fish, if they stock the same quantity of fish but they have more angler's fishing for the same amount of fish, you would have less fish caught per angler but at cheaper price. On the other hand if there is C&R fish available to be caught, your angler's could fish for them also without incurring any additional cost's to the lake. So you see Seal it's not that simple. lol

seal
09-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Not so simple I say, the other school of thought of what is what I do in my business. It's called increase your volume for your profits. A good example is a jewerly
store, they don't turn their inventory over very much so their is a big profit margin per item. Just the opposite of that is a supermarket they turn over their inventory over all the time, so they can go on a small profit margin. The down side of that argument is for a lake that stocks fish, if they stock the same amount of fish but, they have more angler's fishing for the same amount of fish you would have less fish per angler caught but a cheaper price per angler. On the other hand there is C&R fish available to be caught and you could fish for them, so you see Seal it's not that simple. lol

Are you saying that if they decrease admission and have more fisherman they make up the difference but then every knucklehead on this website will open up threads asking why they can't catch any fish at Irvine and why the fish aren't being stocked larger?

They know their buisness model you do not so I would think they are in a better position to determine their price point for admission than yourself, besides they are not selling crack like you, well at least after reading some of your responses on that political thread one might come to the conclusion that crack is your product of choice:LOL:.

Sorry couldn't resist, don't take me too serious.....

etucker1959
09-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Are you saying that if they decrease admission and have more fisherman they make up the difference but then every knucklehead on this website will open up threads asking why they can't catch any fish at Irvine and why the fish aren't being stocked larger?

They know their buisness model you do not so I would think they are in a better position to determine their price point for admission than yourself, besides they are not selling crack like you, well at least after reading some of your responses on that political thread one might come to the conclusion that crack is your product of choice:LOL:.

Sorry couldn't resist, don't take me too serious.....

It's cool Bro, but there is ways for them to increase their profits without raising their admission price per angler. Charging for a float tube launch for one, I know here comes the dagger's. Set up day time and night time fishing hours and charge separately, ever other pay lake does that. Stop buying trout that don't bite, brooks and browns come to mind. Manage the lake as a trophy blue catfish fishery, please don't get me started on explaining that one. I'm sure there is plenty of other ideas but you get the point. Let me address you first statement with that old fishing saying "10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish, that doesn't change if you add a bunch of newbee's to the mix. Now here is some more of my out of the boxing thinking again, by leaving Irvine lakes prices alone you would be in effect under cutting SARL. Now here's what would happen next, your average fisherman see's Irvine lake is a few bucks cheaper and goes there instead of SARL. Now SARL has a lot less business which means less money to buy fish with. They in turn have to cut way back on the amount of fish they can stock, which means even more unhappy angler's which further drives down their business, this will eventualy lead them to go out of business. In the mean time Irvine lake get's so much business they can afford to buy even more fish. In the end Irvine lake is supreme.

flyhigh123
09-27-2012, 03:48 PM
higher prices means more reasons to not fish that lake or the pay to fish lakes :D

bman90278
09-27-2012, 05:43 PM
higher prices means more reasons to not fish that lake or the pay to fish lakes :D

Yep, if u don't like the prices or increase don't fish there! There are plenty of nice lakes to fish.

-b

Marley
09-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Yep, if u don't like the prices or increase don't fish there! There are plenty of nice lakes to fish.

-b

I would agree. It's that simple.