PDA

View Full Version : Mon. 9/24... Lake Perris Bass Report... and the "Toads" continue to rise in numbers

jw4Bassing
09-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Had a day off yesterday and decided to head over to Perris before my Annual Pass expires at the end of the month. The air temps weren't too bad and the water temps in the morning was at 76.9 degrees and rose to around 81 in the afternoon. I haven't fished the lake since my last report back on 8/28 and didn't know what to expect but decided to put a game plan together the night before and setting/rigging up a total of (7) rods.

On this trip, I didn't want to target any shallow fish because I knew my percentages would turnout better (for quality fish) If I just stick with the deepwater bass from the get go. Perhaps, I never fished anywhere less than 20' of water all day. I ended up fishing several deepwater holes that were saved and locked in my waypoints and to my amazement, every spot that I metered had active fish right under me and were eagerly and ready to take my bait as soon as I dropped it down to them. It was just totally crazy and insane. At one point, I was thinking to myself. If I had utilize both my arms and fished (2) rods at a time, I would had many double hookups, but also probably as many tangle lines and breakoffs as well. By the way, here is one of the screen shot that I took a picture of from my HDS unit of the chaos in the deep:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/jw4bassing/lowrance.png

All in all, it turned out to be an awesome and enjoyable day out on the water. I ended up hooking and landing a total of (6) fish in the 5 pound range and countless fish from 2 to 4 pounds. Here is one other picture that I took of me holding up (2) of the twins:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/jw4bassing/026.jpg

Anyways, "Good Luck" out there guys and remember.......Tight Lines!!!

JW

Nitro
09-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Sweet trip man!! The pic of the graph is making me salivate right now!! Too bad my boat is in the shop right now for some trailer recall!!

good kentucky
09-25-2012, 08:14 PM
Great job!! Those are some nice bucket mouth!!

jw4Bassing
09-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Too bad my boat is in the shop right now for some trailer recall!!

That's a bummer.... Hopefully you can get it back soon because there are plenty of fish in the lake to be caught and for anyone else wanting to head out to Perris for a day of bass fishing. The fishing right now is just off the hook.

Tight Lines.....

JW

Pete Marino
09-26-2012, 11:55 PM
good job out there.....I love when the graph lites up like that!!!!

Pete

jw4Bassing
09-27-2012, 05:21 PM
good job out there.....I love when the graph lites up like that!!!!

Pete

Thanks.... Yeah, when that happens, it's game on like a "mouse" and "cat" game with a vertical presentation.... I just love it.

Tight Lines....

JW