PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 9-23-12

iRavensfan
09-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Well.... i'm new to this forum, but it has alot of very interesting and very relevant info.

anyways.. was out at Skinner on Sunday afternoon just to take my kid to the waterpark,
stopped by launch ramp 2 just to sneak a peek.

saw alot of good size shad, and some 5" LMB. nothing huge. just thought i'd share some info.

I hear Skinner has some nice Stripers hiding in there?? is this true?
how do u catch a striper?
never caught one, just saw pics.
:Shocked:

#Ravensallday2013

P.A.W.
09-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Re stripers. The key word is HIDING. At least this last weekend. There are a ton of stripers there that pretty much bite when they feel like it. On Saturday you can catch 8 in a couple hours then Sunday get a skunk. That's the pattern for this time of year at Skinner. Some guys specialize in bait (chicken liver, anchovy etc.), some guys troll, and some guys like to cast jerkbaits and topwaters.

iRavensfan
09-25-2012, 09:04 PM
Interesting.
Is a striper's routine similar of a LMB?

i guess i mean is a striper in deeper water than a LMB?

P.A.W after reading your posts and inputs RE: Lake Skinner, I deemed u the "Skinner Master", any wisdom of yours is great knowledge on my behalf.

i'll be at skinner 9-27/9-29 going camping with the family, and finally getting an old 1970 ArenaCraft in the water.

P. any suggestions to start at skinner?

P.A.W.
09-26-2012, 05:22 AM
Master..... no way! I'm just there more than some people. As for stripers....... they move around a lot more than largemouth. Bass tend to hold to an area and ambush the prey while stripers just go out and chase their food. I'll be there to on the weekend and I really like older boats. I'll stop by and say Hi if I see you guys on the water.

sweetfish
09-26-2012, 07:58 AM
I will be there Saturday Pat. Is ok to fish with you at the early morning spot?

Slater
09-26-2012, 08:59 AM
Those little LMB are fun for the kids to C&R with barbless small jigs and light line... get them on a few of those and you have fishermen/women for life...
Im going to paddle out for stripes sometime in the next few days.. Still waiting to see the rippling herds on the surface I kept seeing last year, and cant wait for the good LMB rip bait bite that picks up around this time for me.
Let us know how you do out there?

P.A.W.
09-26-2012, 04:53 PM
I will be there Saturday Pat. Is ok to fish with you at the early morning spot?

PM sent.........