PDA

View Full Version : New AO, new friend, and 1 good morning of fishing. NPB 9/22 and 9/23

LuckyCraft420
09-24-2012, 09:06 PM
9/22

***Goal of the Day! To catch a 12"+ Perch***

So I had plans in the morning to meet up with Skunked4life (another Ken). We arrived at our meeting place at 0600, after brief hello's we were on the sand by 0615. We started out using 2" gulp shrimp (new penny color). On the first cast the nibbles started, but it was just the usual dinks that can't fit the bait in its mouth. Ken said he would take me to his hole where he has had success with large perch. The first 15 minutes goes by with nibbles on every cast, but nothing big enough to stick. Then Bam! Skunk buster out of the way with a 6"er. I went on casting and caught a few more 6-8"ers over the next 45 mins. I then decided to switch things up to the large SCs that were fairly easy to find. After 5 mins with the SC soaking I get slammed hard. By far the biggest tug I've felt on my new rod so far... Here's the play by play. Slowly reeling in the SC, hard bite, I went to set the hook but I felt snagged with no movement for 2 seconds, then ZZZZZ and it's off the the races for about 5 seconds until my line snapped. I look and see the line broke about an inch below the swivel, must have been a cinche in the line. I got rigged up and went back to casting with a big SC. Another half hour or so goes bye and I've managed to farm 2 hard fighters within 15 feet. Then I bring in my new PB perch 11"s. Save the applause, it's an inch shy of my goal. Went on fishing and trying to dodge the dinks before I had to leave for work at 0840, but time ran out. Other Ken had to get going too, to meet up with his family.

Went to work expecting to be there for 2 hours, but I wanted to fish a little more. So I busted ***** and finished it in just over an hour, then ran back to the beach. I fished another hour and happen to come across a nice hole that provided 5 more BSP 10-11"s to end my morning. Those damn 1 footers eluded me again. Also saw lots of small sharks swimming throughout the shallow sand bars. 1 swan withing a few feet of a little girl and she was clueless. Good for me I guess, no high pitch screams from all the kids.

Conditions: water 65, lots of eel grass, perfect 1' swells, light current and no wind.

9/23

Conditions for the day were basically the same without all the eel grass. I didn't plan on fishing because of football. But I woke up at 0930, charger game didn't start until 1325, so why not... Went to the same location from 1030-1130 for 1 BSP and a few nibbles. I threw the same 2" gulp shrimp, crack, large and small sand crabs. This is definitely an early morning AO.

I received pictures from Ken (skunked4life) catching 12-13" models the last 2 mornings on a LC. I wasn't able to throw a LC this weekend after losing the 2 I had, should be able to buy some this Friday when I get paid. I can't wait for this weekend. Hopefully, poker night doesn't go passed 1am again so I can't get a little more sleep :)

SP Dan
09-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Hi ya LuckyCraft420,

12" plus in coming your way Ken..... just keep chasing them!

Thanx for the fish report! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

LuckyCraft420
09-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Dan you must get text message alerts for surf reports, haha. You're always on top of new posts. Until I get banned from the beaches, I will constantly be chasing something

SP Dan
09-24-2012, 11:16 PM
I work Grave yard shift on a construction site on PCH in front of the Getty Villa, in the Pacific Palisades area, and so once I get caught up with inspections and my daily reports at work, I enjoy the distraction of reading about the fishing adventures that all my FNN brotha's and sista's are having out there, and I like to be supportive and positive to all. :Smile:

In a way you are correct.....when ever I or a friend posts a report on FNN, we like to text each each other with a "Report Up!"
We (S.W.A.T.) believe in contributing to the site, supporting each other and all of our FNN family members.

Besides....being only 100 feet away from the crashing surf on PCH and hearing it pound the shore all night long, well....it definitely keeps my mind thinking about fishing and considering where I'll be fishing in the morning when I finish my shift at 5:30 AM.

I try to hit the surf at least 5 if not 6 days a week but most of the time I really don't have much to report on, so I don't.
Today's fish count: No report, (1) 19" Hali, (5) Bat Rays and (3) SNGF all over 36" and one of the Bat Rays spiked me just below the ankle. :Sad: Ouch!

Sorry for the piggy back on your report and thanks for your reports! I hope to meet you at the up coming HG-4 event!

Keep those reports a comin'! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

LuckyCraft420
09-25-2012, 06:23 AM
It's nice isn't it? I have 3 tile jobs going on right now and they're all on the Newport penninsyla, so I'm close to water everyday as well.

By the way Dan. If you want to see the pictures from the reports, pm me your email. I have a slew of pics saved on my phone.

skunked4life
09-25-2012, 06:58 AM
Good times LC420. Great meeting you and let's meet up again Saturday!

smokehound
09-27-2012, 10:29 AM
Too bad I couldnt make it..

Oh well, always a next time =]

skunked4life
09-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Too bad I couldnt make it..

Oh well, always a next time =]

Marcus, PM me or text me for a time to go fishing.

dlmoo312
09-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Hey LuckyCraft420, thanks for the report! I went surf fishing for perch about a month ago with my dad. We went to an AO that always produced a plentiful amount of nice sized perch in the past but this time we were only able to manage a bunch of dinks :Neutral: It was still fun catching fish but i guess the timing was just off. I'm sure you'll get your 12"+ pig perch soon. Come to think of it, all the larger perch I have ever caught were off of the LC. You may catch fewer fish using the LC but the ones that bite put up a good fight! Good luck out there!

-Daniel