PDA

View Full Version : Bear steals IPad at Jenk's Lake

CraigH
09-24-2012, 11:19 AM
OK - this beats the alligator stories any day. From the L.A. Times ...

Bear grabs iPad, food at San Bernardino campsite
September 24, 2012 | 5:43am

Bears are often spotted around campsites looking for food -- but one San Bernardino bear made off with more than just a snack.

Jesse Dinkel was fishing at Jenks Lake in the San Bernardino National Forest on Saturday when a bear made off with a backpack that had an iPad inside, KTLA reported. The bear later returned to the area, rummaging through a picnic table spread before running off with a container full of food.
Dinkel caught the second snatch on camera.

"It was crazy," Dinkel told KTLA. "He was really not shy."

Dinkel said park employees did investigate but, after finding no sign of the bear, didn't ask patrons to leave.
As for the guy whose backpack and iPad were stolen? The goods were nowhere to be found.

"Try getting the insurance company to believe that," Dinkel said.

Leejahd
09-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Haha this is price less! Bears these days I sure hope I don't encounter any when I decide to go up to jenks ! I'll be sure not to leave my iPhone laying around for the taking!

Poxy Boggards
09-24-2012, 03:20 PM
He wanted to check FNN to see if the fish were biting better up at Big Bear...LOL

DccFISHerMan
09-24-2012, 03:54 PM
i was up there float tubbing saturday and saw him roaming the lake for a few hours, didnt see him still the i pad, but did see it on the news

The Fishing Queen
09-24-2012, 09:01 PM
This story sure beats the alligator story. Thanks for sharing it with us Craig!

DccFISHerMan
09-25-2012, 08:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ1l4IkWA1Y here is the video

Jester
09-27-2012, 12:06 AM
That bear was funny. You guys should have been there.

GhettoBasster
09-27-2012, 06:29 PM
DINGO STOLE ME BABY!! I mean a bear stole me iPad!!!